PDA

View Full Version : Desktop Background

Scallywag
13th Nov 2002, 14:04
Whenever I change the desktop background wallpaper (which is fairly frequent) the old background shows up first, both at startup and when shutting down. After showing the old one for about 10 secs at startup it then changes to the new one ? This only happens on the machine with ME, not with XP and has only recently started doing so. Have I got some sort of registry problem ? Is there an easy way to sort it.

BRL
13th Nov 2002, 19:44
Could be your startup and shutdown screens that are showing? Check it out with TweakUI or something like that. I think you can download it from somewhere, not sure to be honest but you can also change them to whatever you want them to be.

I have just done a search on Google and come up with this... TweakUI (http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking/NTTweakUI.asp)
What it means is Tweak User Interface........
Hope this helps. :)

amanoffewwords
13th Nov 2002, 21:06
Scallywag,

that happens because one of the images you are using requires the Active desktop feature to be switched on (Control Panel, Display, Web tab). If you disable it the new picture will dissapear. You can then remove the 'old' picture from the background (Control Panel, Display, Background = none) and then re-introduce the new background (the system will ask you to re-enable Active desktop).

Thereafter the boot sequence will take you into the plain blue (or whatever colour you choose) background before switching to the picture you have selected.

Hope this makes sense. :confused:

amofw

Scallywag
14th Nov 2002, 22:04
Thanks guys, sorted :)