PDA

View Full Version : outlook problems

nitro rig driver
12th Nov 2002, 22:14
when sending a email from an address thats in the address book i get this mesg back
SERVER RESPONSE 550 RELAYING MAIL TO BXX.COM NOT ALLOWED. PORT 25 SECURE. SSL NO. SERVER ERROR 550 ERROR NUMBER 0X800CCC79
any ideas,used to work ok
using xp home version
email account is an web based one
all other email in addres book ok
also when i send an email direct from the web accout (ie with internet explorer)it goes ok
have re set connection wizard and outlook express
give me a b747-200 anyday
thanks

RomeoTangoFoxtrotMike
12th Nov 2002, 22:30
{Only time for a quick reply now... get back to me if you need more}

Sounds like your Outlook isn't setup to use your ISP's mail server. For various reasons, mainly to due with spam prevention, many sites are being more rigorous about where they allow mail from (perhaps the site you are trying to email has recently changes ist policy.) You need to check that Outlook is correctly configured to use your ISP's mailserver. Don't have XP/Outlook handy, but look
for settings for SMTP or SMTP server and check that they are set to the values given by your ISP.

HTH,

nitro rig driver
15th Nov 2002, 21:58
ok have tryed resettting all of the outlook settings-even did a system restore to before i used ol all to no avail,me being stupid but could the outlook express be corupt and if so where could i get a free one from-the one i have was installed on my computer when it arrived from freeserve

Flyswift
18th Nov 2002, 19:24
Could be just the 'email' address itself has been corrupt. Go back into Outlook, and delete the offending address.

Close Outlook.

Go back in and send a mail to the address again.

Any Luck?

FS

nitro rig driver
30th Nov 2002, 21:18
ok for some reason all has returned to working order,
seems the problem only happens if i close the outlook window so now i don/t,just leave it on the tool bar when i put the computer to sleep (not shut down)
:D