PDA

View Full Version : Aer Terus Impound

747FOCAL
12th Nov 2002, 19:02
Anybody got any information on which Belgium airport impounded the AER TURAS DC8F? How long did they hold it etc? Any info would be great.

Sorry Danny, I realize this is not really a reporting point, but if the airplane was grabbed for violating Noise restrictions than it would be best we all know this information now before others fall to it.

Regards.

Kalium Chloride
12th Nov 2002, 19:06
I have no idea but I'd put my money on Ostend. Wouldn't be the first time that the Ostend people have clamped a freighter for noise reasons.

FlyingIrishman
12th Nov 2002, 19:13
Although I'm not sure, my money is on Liege but as I said, don't take my word for it. Could just as well be Oostende.

JB007
12th Nov 2002, 19:28
They have been operating with the DC8 / EI-CGO MST-AMM-MST for the past few months on behalf of Air Memphis in CAI...

JW411
12th Nov 2002, 19:28
I believe the Aer Turas DC-8-63F was impounded at Liège for one night last month.

747FOCAL
12th Nov 2002, 19:32
Yes it was Liege. Was it for Noise violations?

Boss Raptor
12th Nov 2002, 20:05
Thought it was Stage 3 hushkitted?

747FOCAL
12th Nov 2002, 20:42
Don't use the right procedure and you can make any plane fail Stage 3/Chapter 3 at the close in monitors. :)

747FOCAL
13th Nov 2002, 13:10
THANKS FOR THE INFO.

cargosales
13th Nov 2002, 13:44
This happened in late July / early August at Liege. The aircraft was working for TNT and was impounded for at least 8 days.

It was the result of a bizarre Royal Decree signed by King Albert II at the behest of the Belgian Transport minister Isabel Durant who is vehemently trying to get rid of ageing aircraft.

It was bizarre because this aircraft was re-engined to comply with EUDOT regulations and fully legal. Apparantly it was not that it infringed noise regs on the day but more to do with the fact it was originally Stage Two.

Durant wants to outlaw all Stage Two a/c, even those which have been re-engined, hushkitted or modified to comply with the new regs. It may be that the Aer Turas a/c fell foul of this? TNT were hopping mad anyway.

CS