View Full Version : JAA at comair and clarification

rich49
12th Nov 2002, 16:46
Hi all,
I have a couple of quick questions that I hope you do not mind answering:
The first is that I am a little confused over the JAA certificates. If I were to hold JAA licences would I be able to fly in all of the 81 member countries? I was told that US airlines require FAA licences, and that I would have to convert from JAA to FAA which is a $200 practical test. If I were to hold JAA licences and decide that I want to fly in the UK would I have to convert my JAA to CAA? Is this a matter of taking the same $200 flight test? Could somone clarify that?

The second is that I was wondering what the opinion of Comair is? I have been very impressed, I emailed them expecting a reply by email in about two weeks or something, instead, half an hour after sending the email I got a phone call (bearing in mind that was from America to England!) Does anyone know anything about them?

Cheers!
Richard

faacfi
12th Nov 2002, 21:06
No , your license is recognised only in the countries which accept JAA-FCL licenses. there are about 12 countries actually, but i am unsure of this number. Germany will be the next one in a few months.
I think Comair JAA is under the CAA, if it s the case , you will not have to pay extra fee.
about comair, I was an ex-student of comair long time ago.It s a "military school".My first flight start at 6 am and the managment is strict (worse than in an airline).
I left comair cuz I found a better school with a Comair flight instructor. At this time Comair had to many students.But you can trust them. If you dont like them, they will give your money back. be sure to read your contract before enrollment.
Fly in the USA is exceptional.I love it!:)

If you have any question , write me ([email protected]) .