PDA

View Full Version : PPL around Birmingham?

DoWeHaveLiftOff?
29th Jan 2001, 06:05
Can anyone please recommend any good schools around Brmingham or the west Midlands, where I may do my PPL and build hours.

Any comments appreciated, thanking in advance.

DWHLO?

Delta Wun-Wun
29th Jan 2001, 10:34
Try Bobbington Air Training at Wolverhampton Business Airport.Both Instructors are very experienced career Instructors.

------------------
GET THE BLOODY NOSE DOWN!

Rote 8
29th Jan 2001, 15:30
You could do worse than C&S Aviation, also at Wolverhampton International.

PFO
29th Jan 2001, 15:36
DoWeHvaeLiftOff,

I can heartily recommend C & S Aviation. They have a good fleet, excellent instructors and they are very helpful!

I did my PPL with them and had a whale of a time! I am now going to do my IMC and Night with them too.

If you need any further info email me.

PFO

paulo
29th Jan 2001, 17:36
Not that price should be the main consideration, but East Midlands is good value, esp. given that there's no landing fees!

aztec25
29th Jan 2001, 19:02
Try Tatenhill...
No landing fees...
Well equipped aircraft...
Tel: 01283 575283

Ex Oggie
30th Jan 2001, 08:58
Wellesbourne can be pretty handy, near the motorway etc. No waiting at the hold and a couple of majors nearby if you need them.(Brum and Coventry). A search should pull up the airfield website. There are several schools that operate there.
Cheers

------------------
"Press to Test ....... Release to Fire"

WX Man
30th Jan 2001, 12:44
Tatenhill is the place I'd recommend. Probably about the cheapest you'll get in the region.

DoWeHaveLiftOff?
31st Jan 2001, 04:02
Thanx folks,

I'll check out the schools and will let u know how it goes and who I choose. I'll be doing a few hours a week.

Thanx once again

PURPLE PITOT
31st Jan 2001, 15:20
Having worked as an instructor from Wolverhampton, East midlands, and Tatenhill, i can recomend any one of the schools. They all have diffefent atmospheres and prices, so visit them all ( on a busy weekend is best) to see which suits your needs best.

Happy Flying