PDA

View Full Version : Ceilos Freighters in PAFA?

zerozero
12th Nov 2002, 01:29
I've seen their DC10 in Fairbanks a couple times this week. Just curious who they are--never heard of them.

Pilot had an accent (Mexican, Latino, Spanish?) but the a/c is N-registered.

Fly safe

CR2
12th Nov 2002, 06:20
Ceilos Del Peru

wonderbusdriver
12th Nov 2002, 20:10
Maybe they´re flying salmon (this time from South American farms) to Japan, just like we are...

Greetings to Fairbanks, Sophie´s Station, Cheena River Grayling, Klondike Bar(?) etc. - hope I get back soon!

zerozero
14th Nov 2002, 21:31
How ironic to think of all the salmon just 'passing thru' Alaska on their way to Japan.

The commercial fishing industry up here really needs to wake up. Farmed fish is the future--even in Alaska.

Thanks for the responses but I'm still curious about the N-registration number.

Leased aircraft?

Greetings to you Wonderbusdriver. Surely there are nicer places than the Klondike Bar to visit when you're in PAFA?

Fly safe

wonderbusdriver
15th Nov 2002, 09:21
The name is:

Cielos del Peru

also check:

http://www.bird.ch/bharms/asr_sh00.htm

and

http://www.cielosdelperu.com.pe/

And you´re right: Of course there are nicer places to visit in FAI.
It´s a rather surreal experience at the Klondike, though, which goes well with the mental state you´re in after an 8hr flight over teh Pole, with a 9hr time difference...

zerozero
16th Nov 2002, 07:17
WBD--Thanks for the links.

Believe me, I understand about the surreal experience--I fly 50 year old airplanes north of the arctic circle and then come back to PAFA and have drinks with some of those weirdos.

If you're really into 'people watching' you might also the try The Marlin (a capt I fly with plays the banjo in a bluesgrass band there every Thurs night--very cool, young crowd).

Also The Blue Loon (a short cab ride out of town).

There's a new 'wine bar' downtown (about as chic as FAI will ever get...)

And if you like curry there's a new restaurant run by a Sri Lankan couple. The new name is Chef Tuan's I think. (it's the old Doghouse right next to The Marlin) Best curry in town.

Cheers!

Huck
22nd Nov 2002, 06:47
Cielos de Peru is the nom de plume of STAF.

They like to do long-term ACMI leases - and will paint their logo and colors on the aircraft. Gemini had an MD11 done up - actually a flashy looking plane. Made a fool of myself, first time I walked out on the ramp, looking for my plane, not knowing it had been painted!

They also run a few DC10's that they own. But I hear World was working for them again, so could be one of theirs....