PDA

View Full Version : Loss of Licence/medical Insurance.

tunneler
11th Nov 2002, 22:25
Hi there - just wondering if anyone could reccomend a good firm to go with for insurance???

Thanks.

Tunny.

Thomas coupling
13th Nov 2002, 00:38
Haywards Aviation Insurance, London.

Excellent company, conditions and after sales care.

tunneler
13th Nov 2002, 09:39
Dont suppose you have any contact details for them???

Cheers.

Officedesk
13th Nov 2002, 20:31
I don't know whether you are looking for loss of licence or another scheme.

The problem with loss of licence (and I have personal experience of this) is that the CAA no longer actually remove your licence but merely place you on long term sick. What this means is that to get your lump sum pay out, you will have to reasonably prove that you will never regain your flying status. Medical conditions are rarely clear cut and it can often take many years before such a decision is made by medical staff - you may never actually get such a commitment from your doctor. Your employer will only pay you for so long and you could find yourself in acute financial difficulties very quickly.

A much better scheme is Permanent Health Insurance. This is an income protection policy that pays you a monthly tax free salary until you are 55, if you cannot do your chosen occupation due to ill health or injury. You can choose an own occupation scheme - meaning that you will not be required to get another lesser paid job. You will not pay much more than a loss of licence (sometimes less).

I have details about a very good scheme that is tailored for pilots. If you want some info then please email me.