PDA

View Full Version : Ba/bacx

Outbacker
11th Nov 2002, 20:19
Regarding the recent issues about BACX to join the BA seniority guest list, and on BA terms and conditions, I think is totaly unrealistic as the whole point of BACX, is to compete with the orange men.
Now corrrect me if I'm wrong but mainline T & Cs on regional
routes and A/C cannot work, take a look at our splendid loss makers BAR, bless their cotten socks.
The way it could work is to join the list, but to stay on BACX T & Cs until the move to the other side takes place when ones bid comes up. Then and only then can you have your B-52, SILVER brade, first class training and a dining experience to rival the Savoy Grill!!!
Oh and be recognised as being a pilot who would be capable of flying something heavier than 20 tons.
Testing times bring testing views but we have to resolve all this nonsense quickly as these BACX BA issues are costing a fortune
and only delaying the return of the good old days for all.

:p

Bigpants
11th Nov 2002, 21:01
"compete with the orange men"......."return to the good old days"

No disrespect, but do you seriously think BACX can compete with the "orange men" given the number of cancellations this year (about 1,000 at MAN and BHX to date)?

Apart from which your role within BA is to feed passengers into the company from routes that it would not otherwise fly.

As to the "cost" of BAR I would not take any figures from a BA manager at face value. Tim and his mates are past masters at distorting the numbers to suit their case.

In a few weeks from now your management will dump on the Jetstream by sending them off to Eastern. No doubt they will cover up their own mismanagement by making some spurious claim about cost/yield etc etc.

What exactly were the good old days? Regards BP

steely
12th Nov 2002, 07:26
<The way it could work is to join the list, but to stay on BACX T & Cs until the move to the other side takes place when ones bid comes up. Then and only then can you have your B-52, SILVER brade, first class training and a dining experience to rival the Savoy Grill!!>

You could just apply to BA and get selected to enjoy all these fantastic things!

fatboy slim
12th Nov 2002, 10:00
People PLEASE!!

When will we all realise that IT IS NOT GOOD FLIGHT CREW SALARIES THAT MAKE COMPANIES LOSE MONEY. Want some evidence...

- BA back in profit. The FD and especially CC enjoy the best T&Cs in the UK.

- Ryanair - Great pay for FD crew - Massive profits.

The company has to be run properly then we can be paid properly AND the company can make money.

Not quite QED but close.

Land ASAP
12th Nov 2002, 12:40
In order to promote a balanced debate, Outbacker, perhaps it would have been wise to open with a less skewed opinion?

Answering your somewhat biased questions,

1) Mainline T's & C's on regional routes and aircraft do not work.

Do you mean Bidline rostering?

Bidline has never existed in the regions for many years. It used a preferential bidding system that allowed rostering of crews to the levels/utilisation that you are currently 'enjoying'. The major difference I assume is that you, at BACX, have no choice in the rostering process. Can I assume that as a pilot you strangely would prefer to to have no say in your work allocation?

2) Stay on BACX T's & C's until a successful bid into "The Silver Braided, First Class Trained, Savoy Dining fraternity"

I appreciate your tongue is lodged firmly in your cheek but what do you mean? Surely you mean 'Savaloy'? Have you seen our crew meals? The words "Are there any Deli Bags left?" pass my lips every time I operate.

Let us meet halfway on this. Your terms and conditions do burden the 'bottom line' less. Just take a more rounded view of your contribution to the community and accept that whether or not you join the "Silver Braided", you might just get to choose which days off you need and whether you night stop or do day trips.

How much do you feel you are worth? You are working in an industry that dislikes you. You are a driver to them. They have no interest in your 'life'. It sounds like you are starting to believe the hype.

145qrh
12th Nov 2002, 17:13
Well put outbacker.

Best **** take I've seen for a while.