PDA

View Full Version : Farewell Pprune!!!

hmm...
11th Nov 2002, 13:43
WHAT A JOKE!!!

Starting to see PPRune not as a rumour network but a bitching one!

I am sorry Danny; I am handing in my wings! Could you please remove my login name from the PPRune register.

Such a shame when only the hatred and bitterness of people is being expressed here.

To all the people that are genuinely interested in being part of aviation, don’t let the bittered and twisted people that sometimes visit this site deter you from your dreams.

To all the characters and interesting people I have met both on this site and in person I personally thank you.

And lastly, Woomera thanks for the memories. You really do a difficult job but a fair one. Hope it all works out well for you.

Busta Level
11th Nov 2002, 14:35
Hmmm....

Don't go! I went through the same thing a while back, but am still here due, in part, to the reply by SickSquid Click Here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36718&perpage=15&pagenumber=2)

Treat this forum with a pinch of salt, and use the blocking feature to avoid having to read the replies of the usual wind-up merchants. It becomes a much more pleasant and still useful resource! :)

flapsforty
11th Nov 2002, 16:06
Busta you Gem. http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/kiss.gif
Looked in vain for this particular bit of squiddy brilliance only last week.
Thanks for resurrecting it mate!

newswatcher
11th Nov 2002, 16:27
Busta, please expand on "blocking feature".

enq
11th Nov 2002, 16:40
Newswatcher -

"newswatcher This person is on your Ignore List."

Now I've just got to work out how to unignore you & I've cracked it. (access ignore by clicking on the posters profile & then the add to ignore list link)

Regs. Enq.

Cello
11th Nov 2002, 16:45
I believe that busta is referring to the Edit Ignore List in your User Control Panel.

Edit Ignore List is the second from the right along the top of the User CP options.

After clicking the link, there's a form where you simply enter the name of the person whose posts you're not interested in, and click Update List.

@Busta
I hadn't seen this post - thx for keeping it alive. A moment of real sanity in a mad world.

Cello

Flat-Spot
11th Nov 2002, 18:14
Come on guys, Pprune's a great crack! The rumors, b!tching and whatever else (negative) you can think of should all be taken with a pinch of salt. In my opinion, the postive far out weighs the negative...

F-S

flowman
11th Nov 2002, 18:46
hmm...

Cool name. Can I have it when you've gone?
Better still, stick with it. Non illigitimi carborundum.

flowman

Sensible
11th Nov 2002, 18:51
Shouldn't the "edit ignore list" button be marked "bury your head in the sand" Just a thought!

ORAC
11th Nov 2002, 19:11
All the way from enthusiasm to disillusionment and disgust in 5 short months....

----------------------------------------------------
p.s.
"Starting to see PPRune not as a rumour network but a bitching one!..... Such a shame when only the hatred and bitterness of people is being expressed here".

The first post by hmm...,back in June, was an attack on another pilot.

Quote, "Why not? What fool takes off on a runway that is covered in snow? I don't care if the operator wanted the aircraft back!..............This has to be the only case I know that is known as strictly "PILOT ERROR".

In reply to which Kaptin M took him to task as follows:

"This has to be the only case I know that is known as strictly "PILOT ERROR"." - really hmm.... Ever heard of KL007? Or the B767 in Canada that ran out of noise because of incorrect fuel calculations, or any multitude of G.A. accidents?

It is STUPID, self-righteous comments such as the one you have made, "What fool takes off on a runway that is covered in snow?" that gloss over the REAL cause.....
----------------------------------------------------------------

Might I suggest there's a still a little bit of self-righteousness showing through here?

rob_frost
11th Nov 2002, 20:06
I think he's looking for sympathy.

VFE
11th Nov 2002, 20:54
How many times are we seeing these threads popping up on PPRuNe? C'mon old chap - it's an internet BB - take the contents with a pinch of salt. The real skill when reading PPRuNe is to figure out the signal:noise ratio. Once you have that sussed then you're on a winner.

Stay registered - it ain't the end of the world y'know!! :rolleyes:

VFE. :cool:

SOPS
11th Nov 2002, 21:02
My goodness, we are taking it so to heart are we not hmm. Although my post numbers may be low, I have been with PPrune since the start, and what is said is sometimes good, some times not that good, or sometimes things that ARE good that you dont want to hear. Whatever the case, stay around, its not such a bad place to be :)

Robert Vesco
11th Nov 2002, 21:18
Hmm... I think you are exagerating a little bit here. Letīs face reality here, aviation is not exactly experiencing itīs finest hour at the moment so itīs logical that people complain more. Crashes, companies going bankrupt, pilots losing their jobs.....etcetera. The list seems endless but you also have to be realistic and understand that this trend will (hopefully :cool: ) not continue for too long.

For as far as putting people on the "ignore list" the following :

I do not always agree with what some people say on this site, but I donīt think itīs very mature or proffesional to ignore people who have a different opinion.

Are you also going to ignore your colleague sitting in the other seat when he/she says "watch your speed" or something simular ? :eek: :confused:

Shadowpurser
11th Nov 2002, 22:00
Well as they say - can't take the heat...get outta the kitchen.

Bye!!!:rolleyes:

Capt.KAOS
11th Nov 2002, 22:07
didn't read Squids message the first time and I'm very grateful this thread has lead me to it.

couldn't help reading it over and over, truly a masterpiece.

the powers to be on this forum might consider a "Hall or Post of Fame" section in order to avoid that these kind of jewels are falling into oblivion.

Cheers

KAOS

Training Risky
11th Nov 2002, 23:06
ORAC/Robert Vesco: You've hit the nail right on the head!!

Hmm: All you have to do is scroll down the page, ignore gossip and read a post that you want to!

If you were in a great resturant and you didn't like the tone of a conversation on the next table that you were eavesdropping on, would you flounce out of the door, chucking your teddies as you went???:eek:

Life is what you make it. Not everything here is rubbish; I am just discovering how much good gen is here.

FLOWMAN: I suggest adding another "m" to the login "hmm". The computer might accept it. You never know!

flowman
11th Nov 2002, 23:52
hmmmm........
good idea ttraining riskyy:cool:

fflowmann

flyboy6876
12th Nov 2002, 00:40
hmmm

As has been mentioned, this is a public bulletin board. You don't need to ask to be removed, simply delete your cookies, change your settings and don't come back on.

I was a guest for many moons before my first registration and have found this to be a marvellous site. Yes, there is bitching, but go down to the pub and listen to what is said there. No bloody difference!

I've learnt a great deal from here and have made some good contacts. For an older, but relatively new flyer, the information is fantastic. Over time I've learnt to ignore the crap and read the posts that are positive or have good valid information. I also choose which forums I want to read.

The vast amount of information, and the GENERALLY good humour that is available here makes every day an interesting read.

For me, unless something drastic happens, I could'nt get a better site for information than this and I plan to stay on for as long as it goes. It's just as good as going down to the airfield and chatting to the older. more experienced pilots, and I get paid while I'm doing this :D

hmm...
12th Nov 2002, 04:04
Just had to stir the pot!

ORAC thanks for taking me back to my first post!:p (always knew that was going to come back and bite me in the ass)

Ahh.. the memories!!! :D :D :D

divingduck
12th Nov 2002, 12:27
If I'm reading his reasoning correctly, it's because of the constant ill tempered slagging off that occurs in the downunda and godzone pages...not a shot at the rest of you happy chaps/chappesses :cool:

Rich-Fine-Green
12th Nov 2002, 12:58
Ahh there he is!

Thought I would catch Hmmm... hanging around the fringe of Dunnunder like George Michael hangs around a park loo.

Please treat him nicely in J.B. boys and girls. We want him back in one piece in the D & G jungle when he's had a break.

:D

flapsforty
12th Nov 2002, 13:13
Rich-Fine-Green, you're preaching veganism to piranhas mate! :)

vaga
12th Nov 2002, 14:30
I also hadn't seen Sick Squids post, truely great post!.

I just had to jump on this thread and mention a certain silly feline friend of mine, Cheshire Cat EGHH.

Not so long ago she was enraged by a certain post of a college of her's, being a person who tends to run before walking and Very naive she replied to a thread hoping to get this persons attention, well she certainly did, and lost her job over it.

She phoned me asking what to do, and i said Learn from it!, she then came up with the idea of deleting her Screen name, being basicly furious at her own Stupidity she phoned a certain Moderater asking that he delete her of PPRuNe, not sure if he did ever delete her, but she certainly learnt her lesson.

Dont get me wrong Cheshire is Very intellent in her own way and can talk for ages on Psychology, and can even speak Accient Egyptian!, however she rarely shows it!. :rolleyes:

Not sure if she's still reading PPRuNe i hope so :( :(

ORAC
12th Nov 2002, 14:48
Maybe she went off and got a job with SG-1... :D

Biggles Flies Undone
12th Nov 2002, 15:14
vaga - she must be a very close friend of yours - she even uses the same grammar and spelling ;)

Few Cloudy
12th Nov 2002, 17:12
Nah mate, that's Sanscrit

Celtic Emerald
12th Nov 2002, 17:48
After the e-mail she sent me vaga I have to say I amn't really going to miss her. I read the first line & just deleted it the tone was so harsh & unkind. No love lost here I have to say unfortunately besides that I don't know her from Adam nor do I ever want to :mad:

Emerald

twistedenginestarter
12th Nov 2002, 18:16
...don’t let the bittered and twisted people...

Hey, now steady on there....

Techchick
12th Nov 2002, 20:29
Tcch!!

Well I love you, cheshire cat!!:D

TomBola
12th Nov 2002, 20:37
The best thing about this entire thread is undoubtedly the reference back to the posting from Ģ6....puts everything in perspective...this is just a BB and having a post moderated by FF is not a personal affront (or to take the well-balanced opposite view - a stab in the back!), just a case of her doing her best to keep some order.
Yes, a lot of the posts are trivial rubbish - so what, if you buy a newspaper there's a lot of trivial nonsense in it, but you just ignore the bits you don't like, or which are irrelevant to you.

GustyOrange
12th Nov 2002, 21:51
Well I'll bet that the Cheshire Cat wasn't grinning at that!!

:D :D :D :D

Capt.KAOS
12th Nov 2002, 22:03
""Just had to stir the pot!

ORAC thanks for taking me back to my first post! (always knew that was going to come back and bite me in the ass)

Ahh.. the memories!!! ""

Hmmmmm ...... so it WAS a cry for attention then hmmm?

Can't wait for your next message....

CHeers

KAOS