PDA

View Full Version : FS2000 - System Error on startup...

OneDotLow
29th Jan 2001, 03:35
Could anyone help me here?

I have jsut installed FS2000 on my machine, but when I go to run it for the first time, it causes a system error whilst it creates the 'scenery indices', citing an error with 'util.dll' , which goes on to cause another error.

Thought someone may be able to help me here.

Many Thanks

ODL

P.S. I have done all the things microtwat suggested such as restarting, scandisk, reinstalling, etc etc etc, but to no avail.

Failing any answers, could someone send me a warez address where i can get a copy. It may be that the aussie edition doesnt like my computer.

[This message has been edited by OneDotLow (edited 28 January 2001).]

EX FTE
29th Jan 2001, 06:35
Buddy has problems with FS2000 Pro. Blue screen of death whenever he powers up - he suspects it is his video card that is not up to the job.

Recommend u go to the download site and get the latest patches hen try again.

His version is the US version on a UK machine but that said, it should not make a difference unless FS2000 knows it is the US version and sees some conflict in the BIOS which says it is a UK thing.

Try the Flight Sim Forums - bound to be someone who has seen this before!

OneDotLow
29th Jan 2001, 10:50
Thanks EX FTE, but the prob I have is not the blue screen, it is simply one of those ****ing 'Illegal Operations'

Tried the new driver version but it did not help.

Will try the forums...by that I assume you mean Flightsim.com

ODL

VFE
29th Jan 2001, 19:33
Have you tried posting this question on the computer/internet forum here on PPRuNe?

29th Jan 2001, 20:13
sorry 1.low havent got the answer. I am however having a similar problem with the aircraft editor I keep getting an error message 'FSEDIT caused an invalid page fault in module DPLAYERX.DLL'. Has anyone had he same problem and how did you repair it??

------------------
_ ___________________________________ _
Keep your balls centered.

Vanessa Feltz Type Rated
29th Jan 2001, 20:20
Try going into Control Panel, Display, and Reduce the hardware acceleration. Not saying It'll work, but it might

Mr Magoo
29th Jan 2001, 20:25
Yeah, slowing the hardware accelerator did the trick for me - although it still won't start up occasionally!!

29th Jan 2001, 20:38
Try getting X-Plane. Cheap at the moment
RC Simulations

------------------
London Tower this is Skyflash...