PDA

View Full Version : It's happened again!

Eric
10th Nov 2002, 19:28
A year or so ago I asked for help because when I right clicked on "start", "open" and "explore" were greyed out.

I was given the answer, but like a pillock, I didn't make a note of it ('cos it's unheard of for Windows to have more than two faults in a year :rolleyes: ) and I can't find the thread.

As you'll already have guessed from the title of this thread, it's happened again.

If someone would be so kind as to re-answer, I promise to write it down on a big piece of paper and not bother you again.

Background Noise
10th Nov 2002, 21:15
Just searched for 'start open explore' and there you were:

Eric's Post (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33737)

(and it was almost exactly 2 years ago - doesn't time fly etc .....;) )

Ok, here's one for the bulletin board gurus:

How come Eric appears above as a fully fledged member, (although his join date is a bit suspect - did we have computers in 1970 :p ) but if you click on my link above he appears as a nobody, as does spanners. Also, if I search for Eric by username, I don't get the old question as one of the results. Do tell.

And it appears that if you posta reply immediately after your own reply, it just gets added to the previous reply.

Look, it's happened again!

Danny
10th Nov 2002, 23:36
Anything posted before march last year was done on a different system and with different software. When we switched to an sql database the import of the old data didn't update every bit of info. So if you look at posts made before march last year you will only get a limited amount of info, but, at least you do keep the content of the thread and you can search for it.

With ref to the fact that if you pst immediately after you have already posted then the system just appends your post to the previous post. It just stops people who haven't figured out how to edit their own posts from adding multiple posts one after the other when they have a lot to say but keep pressing the submit button.

Eric
11th Nov 2002, 16:39
Cheers Noisy!

I'll have to hone my searching skills!