View Full Version : Was the flyer show any good?

darthmuppet
10th Nov 2002, 14:53
I missed the flyer exhibition on saturday, I have been to similar advice type seminars, did they tell u anything new?

Most importantly, the financing part.

Can someone who went tell me what they specifically talked about, was it just "train in the USA, its cheaper there" or more detailed like career development loans, HSBC etc.

Please enlighten me.

ta

Trislander
11th Nov 2002, 15:51
Darth,

The seminars were really useful to get an update on the aviation industry and airline recruitment. I found the first seminar on 'The Medical & Financing your ATPL' very informative. It wasn't so much telling you 'here's what you should do', but more 'here are all the options available to you', including Pro's & Con's of Self-sponsored/Semi-sponsored/Fully Sponsored.
Danny's seminar on 'Life As An Airline Pilot' was particularly interesting and inspirational, he talked through a typical days work, from arriving at the airport to going back home again.
I managed to be persuaded to sign up for another year's subscription to FLYER Magazine while I was there too!
As anyone else here who went along will know, it was an enjoyable day out and well worth going. I definately recommend you go next year.

Regards,
Tri

redsnail
11th Nov 2002, 16:13
I didn't go to the seminars however the drinks sess afterwards was great. :D

PPRuNe Pop
11th Nov 2002, 19:07
It was an excellent effort on how to put on an exhibition that almost everyone would at the very least be interested in.

Plenty of stands that were worth a long visit too.

OH! And as Reddo says, the drinks later, in the 3 Magpies, were great. One nice thing about that was that Captain Airclues was there and we were able to drink to his imminent retirement as a senior BA Training Captain. Good Luck David.