PDA

View Full Version : PPL Hours - Question.

SpeedBird22
29th Jan 2001, 00:35
G'evening all,

I've got a question about the amount of hours I've done before getting the PPL.

Basically, I had a lay off in between training and had to get back in the swing of things so I needed to do quite a bit of extra flying. I also have, in my opinion, an instructor who likes to take his time in getting students going solo/ X-country etc.

As a result of this by the time I finish the course I think I'll have about 70 or so hours under my belt (I've got 40 at the mo). Is this fact going to matter to employers etc in the future?? I often hear people (rightly) boasting they got through in minimum hours and wonder whether it really makes a difference in a pilots career. Its a shame that often it can be down to the instructor/school and how quickly they get a perfectly able student to get through the course.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

SB22

[This message has been edited by SpeedBird22 (edited 28 January 2001).]

DOXY
29th Jan 2001, 02:47
Just qualified as a P.P.L. myself - Did it in
just under eighty hours & if it's of any use i've heard that this is an average time for most students (please correct me if im wrong)
Besides,i hope that in those seventy odd hour
-s i may have picked up on a few more things
about flying than i would have qualifying in
forty-five !!.
Of course having just qualified,the real lea-
rning is about to begin !!.

SpeedBird22
29th Jan 2001, 03:13
Doxy,

I agree completely....minimum hours may look impressive, but the chances are that the experience and extra practice gained in taking your time will make you a better pilot in the long run.

thanks,

SB22