PDA

View Full Version : All possible pilot sponsorship schemes

Eagle 1
29th Jan 2001, 00:23
I am 16 at the moment and am aiming for a place as an officer(pilot) in the RAF. However, because my soul ambition in life is to get up there and fly, I was wondering what airlines offer sponserships. I already know about BA, BM, and cabair, but could any one tell me any more( overseas aswell) thanx
Eagle 1

Speedbird 2946
29th Jan 2001, 04:03
Eagle 1,

Hello there and welcome to Sponsorland.. you've got the right forum to get advice here!

The airlines which offer sponsorships are:

British Airways
British Midland
British European
Aer Lingus
Air 2000
Airtours
KLMuk

Atlantic Flight Training

Air France
Lufthansa

(In the past Britannia and Virgin Atlantic have also offered sponsorships in the past)

GOOD LUCK!

Speedbird 2946

[This message has been edited by Speedbird 2946 (edited 30 January 2001).]

Pauliejet
29th Jan 2001, 23:15
Sounds like a pretty definitive list to me....Just out of interest Speedbird, have you gone for interview with any of these schemes...Which one if any have you been offered a place on?

Regards
Pauliejet

scroggs
31st Jan 2001, 17:55
Virgin no longer offer sponsorships, and are unlikely to restart in the forseeable future. I believe Cathay Pacific still offer CEP sponsorships, and I expect there are others.....

wunala dreaming
31st Jan 2001, 20:02
Scroggs,

don't you have to be a Hong Kong resident to apply for the CX scheme? Just wondering, coz if not it might be an interesting option.

WD

AJ
31st Jan 2001, 21:14
"Permanent right of residence in HK". For us Brits, forget it, especially since the handover.

Interesting place to fly though.

Eagle1, if you decide on civvy, I'd stick to the TEP schemes available at home...there are people ALL OVER THE WORLD that would kill to be eligible to give Big Airways a shot-route structure says it all-amongst other things..

AJ

------------------
Good morning Buenos Aires

2nd Feb 2001, 02:54
Eagle,

If your ambition in life is RAF pilot, then try the MOD sponsorship schemes. I'm not sure of your age, but if under 21, you may be eligable for 6th form schol. and/or flying schol.

If you are unsure of anything no matter how trivial ask you AFCO (careers)

Always pursue your dreams to the very end, best of luck