PDA

View Full Version : Heading Home~!

flyingchinaman
10th Nov 2002, 03:10
Great Site you've got here!

After spending a few years in the Great White North(Canada), I will be heading home to Malaysia with my CPL/ME/IR, Got some non-flying Ground school Instructional, Maintenance control, flight school experience with me. How's the job prospect for a newbie like me in Malaysia/SIngapore? AirAsia/Flight training Schools/ Charter Ops? Am not picky, as long as I get to fly. PLease advice! ;)

PILOST
11th Nov 2002, 07:05
Well flyingchinaman, I don't like to be the bearer of bad news.......... but DCA Malaysia has implemented the ATPL Theory requirement since 1996.

What it means is that you need to pass your ATPL subjects (UK CAA) papers to qualify in flying operations here.I don't know the priviliges of the CPL/ME/IR in Malaysia currently, but rest assured it will be very limiting.

Another point you have to brace for is that you might be required by DCA Malaysia to sit for some papers (at their discretion) before you convert your Canadian CPL to a Malaysian one.They also might require you to undergo a flight test (again at their discretion)

The best course of action is to call DCA & meet up with the Licensing Department guys in Putrajaya.

My advice?Get your ATPL in UK........ it will cost a bomb but it will be well worth it! :D

BTW, welcome home! ;)

:cool:
PILOST

kwaiyai
11th Nov 2002, 20:38
Hi Flyingchinaman,
Check your private messages,
Regards.:cool:

flyingchinaman
12th Nov 2002, 02:19
Thanks PILOST~!

A question, well, A few questions actually. Are there groundschool HOUR requirements to be fulfilled before sitting for the ATPL (UK CAA) papers? If so, where can I attend classes for them? How long will it take to complete them? (Reason: got a job here in Canada currently) How much $$$$?

you've got a contact for the DCA Licensing guys/gals? (ie. email?)

what kinda weight would a completed Canadian ATP Written exam hold with DCA?

Many Thanks.

:)

penguin
16th Nov 2002, 14:33
Why are you going home? Can't find a job in Canada?

flyingchinaman
17th Nov 2002, 02:03
Got a job here in Canada, it's aviation related, but not flying, being an foreigner in Canada which has a GREAT pool of low time pilots, does not help too, so I am trying my luck back Home~! why do you ask, penguin?
;)