PDA

View Full Version : Exeter flying

funkster
19th Mar 2001, 20:18
Just trying to find out if anyone knows which is a good school to do a ppl in the Exeter area, I think there are a few. Anyone got experience of any??

smallfish
19th Mar 2001, 20:55
Don't know their names but there are a few schools at Exeter Airport. There are advantages to flying from a 'proper' airport with ATC/ILS etc. Good for your RT and knowledge of proceedure etc. Cost is often a disadvantage of these types of schools though as they often have large overheads. Did my PPL at a tiny grass strip. It was great fun and dirt cheap and hasn't held me back one bit!

BozoUK
20th Mar 2001, 03:02
I work for Celtic West at Exeter Airport and along with Exeter Flying Club provide the only PPL training at EXT (Airways Flight Training provide advanced courses - IR etc).

Our prices (£105-C172, £97-C150) are very similar to Exeter Flying Club, and to be fair it really is a case of visiting the two to see for yourself. They are more of a club with bar facilities etc whereas we have more experience with the commercial side of things - charter work and a recent daily flight from EXT to LGW for BEA - and more news in the pipeline.

Hope this helps.