PDA

View Full Version : Required qualifications for sponsorships.

Dave Sumner
28th Jan 2001, 21:51
Hello to anybody and everybody that can answer the question which is eating away at my brain!
I am 22 years old, and desperatly looking for ways to commence a Commercial Pilot career. At 17 yrs, I started a career in the Merchant Navy. In order to do so, I had to quit my A-levels. As my heart has always been in flying and not sailing, I also quit the Navy. Now, when I see the criteria that airlines are asking for in order to give sponsorship, a minimum of two A-levels is always required. My question is, if for example, instead of returning to college to study A-levels, if I funded and completed the PPL myself, would any airlines be interested in giving me a sponsorship to continue up to CPL level?
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
I can also be E-mailed on
[email protected].
Thanks.

Murray_NN
28th Jan 2001, 22:13
Hi,
The answer to your question would be no.

The airlines and many other sponsors are looking for 5GCSEs and 2A Levels or equivalent.

But having a PPL will be an advantage!

Speedbird 2946
28th Jan 2001, 23:01
Yes, I'd agree...

You really must present yourself as best you can when it comes to sponsorships. There are guys out there with the grades so you must have them too..although there is flexibility in what you study. Maths and Physics would be the way to go I guess..but why not tag on something you enjoy like French or history? Languages are also good for airlines!

Good luck, e-mail me for more sponsorship info!!

Speedbird 2946