PDA

View Full Version : DofE

bobthenob
28th Jan 2001, 21:09
Would a D of E award give you an advantage over someone who does not have one, when applying for sponsorship?

Speed Twelve
29th Jan 2001, 02:52
BobtheNob,

What a flattering nickname you've picked...

Having a DofE award on your CV certainly won't do you any harm. Teamwork, determination, blah, blah, snore...

It's pretty good fun, actually, although it's ages since I did mine; Gold Expedition aim: 'To compare and contrast the quality of pub beer in the Trossachs of Scotland'.

Go and do it.

ST.

------------------
...this isn't the Womens' Auxiliary Balloon Corps, you're in the Twenty Minuters now!

Cuban_8
29th Jan 2001, 03:19
Worked for me I reckon.......

The Fonz
29th Jan 2001, 04:28
Used my D of E Gold expedition as one of my essay questions on the inordinately long BA application form. Then discussed it during my interview. It's very good for teamwork, communication, decision making capabilities, just the things they are looking for in a well rounded candidate. It worked for me, (second time round) and now I'm off to chilly Michigan all courtesy of BA. Whippee!

Also I'd echo the previous thread, it's a great experience and well worth getting onto the final expeditions. Many a happy memory of trudging through the peat bogs of Derbyshire or climbing Snowdon. Go for it!