PDA

View Full Version : Blunkett does it again!

DuckDogers
8th Nov 2002, 13:57
It would appear that the complete pillock above has now made it virtualy impossible for those fleeing the tyranny in Zimbabwe to come to the UK. Yep, you guessed it he's making Zimbabweans apply for VISAs to enter the UK!

Combine this with the debacle that is ongoing over Gibraltar is it not about time people started voicing their opinion and look towards the aim of getting rid of this hypocritical, autocratic, tyrannical regime we so apathetically call a government?!?!?!?

:(

Yarba
8th Nov 2002, 14:13
In what way does the requirement to apply to apply for a visa to visit UK make it 'virtually impossible for those fleeing the tyranny in Zimbabwe to come to UK'? Surely it should just serve to make it easier for the government to keep out those Zimbabweans who are a part of the dictatorial regime there.
:confused:

solotk
8th Nov 2002, 14:33
Agreed.....

You clever man Blunkett. The message here is, if you're a British citizen, or of British descent, the odds are good. If not, we'll be checking.

Duck, I think you need to look at Blunkett, and what he is trying to get done, mostly in direct opposition to his back benchers, as opposes to a tar all with the same brush exercise

DuckDogers
8th Nov 2002, 21:59
Having received a call from an old colleague who returned to Zimbabwe a few years ago after completing 16 years in the RAF i cannot agree with what you have said. This week he has approached the High Commission in Harare 3 times to obtain entrance papers for him and his immediate family and on all three occaisions the staff their have said there is NOTHING they can dor for him. So, is this the just and fair system you hint at? I suggest not.

I think it has been made very clear on numerous threads that the present British regime cares LITTLE as to the outcome in what was once the heart of Africa.

It's a shame that certain actions that have transpired have not led further along the correct ideological, moral and just path to help these people.

BarryMonday
9th Nov 2002, 10:02
Could your friend and his fanily not come to the UK, via, say SA and then justifiably claim asylum?:(