PDA

View Full Version : Login / logout probs. with pprune

NW1
8th Nov 2002, 11:47
Have been having a few probs. with logging in recently - when submitting a post being told I'm not logged in and being presented with the login screen. Filling it in - back to the thread, and the post is lost :o fume fume. Re-do it, select submit, get the same message. Throw coffee at the PC. Shout a bit. Go right back to the welcome screen and login. Go to topic, select post reply, hit submit - "you are not logged in" - same deal, message lost.

Anybody get the same thing?

Anyway, it worked eventually, but it seemed it didn't log me out this time as requested. Possibly part of the multiple login attempts.

Some kind soul noticed this, but instead of just logging me out and logging in as him/herself (surely what we all would have done?) he/she went to my personal settings page and inserted a message in my signature section to the effect that I didn't get logged out by the PC. It was the PC in the internet room in the BA slip hotel in NYC.

Thanks for noticing I was logged in - thanks for logging me out before posting any messages under my name (I guess you did?) but no thanks for ****ing with my account settings. Please assure me that you didn't do anything else - because seeing my preferences changed without my knowing limits my trust.

[edited to corect trooly awful speling]

IFTB
8th Nov 2002, 11:57
Maybe it's deliberate. Cookie is recognised and PPRuNe filter doesn't like your previous posts?
:D :D :D :D

what_goes_up
8th Nov 2002, 12:26
Hi NW1
Maybe you worked with an Internet Explorer 6.0. If you get an red and white sign in the lower band of the browser, double-click there and you get a list with blocked cookies. Right click on the pprune link and set "always allow cookies from this site".
It should work then.

simon brown
8th Nov 2002, 12:39
I get the same ( obviously not this time) it appears cookie blocking is taking place. Yoou can disable this from internet tools option and going to "privacy" tab where you can set varoius settings, one of which is to prevent cookie blocking.

The annoying this is , it doesnt happen all the time.only MOST of the time....

SB

NW1

Ive changed my cookie blocker and all is fine.....give it a go .I use IE6

SB

NW1
8th Nov 2002, 15:45
Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated. Will experiment. (The PC in question is a hotel owned one - so not sure how much control over its settings is allowed - but will try different settings with the home machine to find an answer).

WHBM
8th Nov 2002, 16:56
Thanks NW1 and what_goes_up. This has been plaguing me too apart from the ODD occasion when I have got in somehow, as described by others too (and I'm meant to work in IT - just a weekend flyer!)

Celtic Frog
10th Nov 2002, 09:48
thanks guys..I've been getting the same problems. However, by allowing all cookis from this site..doesn't work with me. i have to allow ALL cookies from anywhere to eneter my PC (far from ideal)for me to login. Until anyone can suggect anything else, I have to re-config my cookies before and after each time I play with pprune.:eek: