PDA

View Full Version : Nut case pax and restraining

flappist
8th Nov 2002, 01:26
Unfortunately the "Girls opening door" thread was closed before I could put in my 20c worth.
A couple of years ago (about 1998) I used to do contract work for a small charter service in south east QLD that flew daily to a small resort island just north of Fraser Is in Twin Otters.
A group of 16 year old private school girls went to the island for a school excursion for several days. One of these lovely young ladies decided that she did not like being there and as her parents were richer than God , she could do what she liked. She was such a pain that she was sent off the island in a "special charter". One pilot and her in the Otter. During the sector she got agitated and started running around in the cabin. The pilot asked her tho sit down and she refused, verbally abusing and threatening him. When he insisted she resumed her seat she came forward to the flight deck (well what else would you call it, the flight cubby hole), and reached up and closed both thrust levers. The pilot then was in the position that he had to recover the aircraft and keep the nice young lady at bay. He did so by threatening her with the manual hydrolic lever. Whe they arrived at the other end she boarded a QF Dash and tried the same trick except the crew stopped her. When complaints were made nothing happened as it was the pilot's word against hers and remember her daddy was REALLY rich.
Fortunately she went for the big levers, if she had pulled the kero out it would have ended in tears. They were at 7000ft about 35 Nm offshore.
The story was put here to demonstrate that sh it really does happen and crew should be always ready for it.
If anyone wants exact details I will return private emails.