PDA

View Full Version : Stories - "Your Company Brown Nose"

TIMMEEEE
7th Nov 2002, 23:37
OK guys - every company had their fair share of brown-tongues so to speak but any stories out there that stand out about certain individuals who were shall we say a bit over the top???

8th Nov 2002, 00:30
Every company has them but the brown tipped ones I couldnt handle were the ones that tried to climb the greasy pole through the CRM ladder because they couldn't cut it in the check or training depts.

The "dinner parties" for management pilots only (hosted by wanabees) and the wife very eager to impress were always a riot.
My favourite line to a prospective management wanabees wife who asked "so how long have you been a Captain for" was "Captain? - I'm only a ticketing clerk" would always make their pretty little faces turn sour before telling them the truth!!!!

Invites to go yachting on an F/O's yacht (when we hadnt even met) etc etc etc I did find to be over the top though.

Then there were certain F/O's that only associated with management Captains and had no friends amongst their own ranks.
Very bloody sad people.

I suppose its less subtle than washing the managers car, helping paint his house or whatever!

These people never really get far.

The best managers I found were never really interested in the first place and had to have their arms twisted, but did a splendid job none the less as flight managers.

Gnadenburg
8th Nov 2002, 02:46
To all those First Officer brown nosers who bid to fly exclusively with management pilots, a sincere thank you.

I had many years of great overnights not bugged with these guys. A dreary head office type would clear the bar of Flight Attendants. Except of course, those Flighties who believed themselves to be management material!

Every now and then a brown noser would back the wrong horse. A management fellow on a meteoric rise to fame, would be purged and fall from grace. The brown noser would disassociate himself from his old management "friend" but after a few months of laying low, had found a new "friend" in management.

You guys were great!

Dambuster
8th Nov 2002, 23:02
Have heard from friends about a certain pilot from a now defunct airline and working for an airline in Brisbane (wonder who that is guys?) that has only 8 days off per month actually comes into the office for 1-2 days per month and does office work.

Very keen seeing that this guy has no real title from what I gather.
If I was only getting that limited time off per month I'd be up or down the coast on a beach somewhere with a coldy in my hand rather than being an office-rat.

Why do they do it I ask?

Dehavillanddriver
9th Nov 2002, 01:32
I can tell you that there are no pilots from a defunct airline working in the office on their days off.

There is one who does some courses - but they are rostered - and he does an excellent job too - he was approached to do the job by the way he didn't ask for it.

In our airline you can't bid to fly with anyone - so you get the luck of the draw.....

liquid_gold
9th Nov 2002, 21:16
I heard he was going in there on his reserve days ......;)

Theo Racle
10th Nov 2002, 13:44
Bag the guy (and me) all you like but just what is wrong with taking an active interest in your career and the company which at the end of the days pays your wages?

Oh yeah of course - thats not macho enough. Doesn't go with the pilot image does it?

I think I'd rather have one of these guys to call on when things come unstuck then 10 mega-egos who p.o.q to the pub as soon as the last punter is out the door. Couldn't miss the opportunity to impress some young flighty with heroic tales of "without me there is no airline" etc. etc. could we?

Grow up guys.

Dehavillanddriver
12th Nov 2002, 20:09
The story is changing - first it was days off and now it is reserve days.

Well it is neither.

He is rostered into the office to run schools - which is a duty exactly the same as driving aeroplanes.

And he does a F**king good job.

He should be congratulated for putting in the effort to make the presentation given to incoming pilots better.

When - or if - you get a job with us you will thank him for his efforts..

JULIET WHISKEY
17th Nov 2002, 01:27
Hanging at the Hamo wearing a Vigin T Shirt ................................

ironbutt57
17th Nov 2002, 16:48
We had one here..from your continent....slagged everybody (in mgmt) off..told them everything said on the flight deck.....ragged on and on about ansett "scabs"...was on the "scablist" himself...as "rejected" go figure:mad: :confused: :p

7x7
18th Nov 2002, 07:32
Would that have been the unforgettable 'How E be', Ironbutt? Such a sad case that even AN wouldn't have him back in 89 when he tried to scab.