PDA

View Full Version : ATPL - Good books that help?

DusterChief
19th Mar 2001, 19:31
OK so you have shelled out on the correspondence course and you are studying dilligently......everything you need to get good passes is in those notes right??? Well maybe not with JAA courses? Further to a previous request I ask:

Can you recommend any good books that add to the theory, or perhaps word it in another way.

For starters I stumbled across a copy of "Pocket guide to Meteorology" published by the RAF 38 Group Support Helicopters about 15 years ago, it is an absolute gem and has helped me significantly. OK so it isn't available on Amazon but I could make it available to those that needed it!

Does anyone have any other recommendations?

smallfish
19th Mar 2001, 21:04
I found CAP 637 Visual Aids Handbook very helpful for airlaw. And it was less than a tenner which is cheap for an aviation book!

Alex Whittingham
19th Mar 2001, 21:33
Try these:

Handbook Of Aviation Meteorology ISBN 0 11 400365 3 for Met and Ground Studies for Pilots Volume 1 for Radio Navigation. For Instruments there is a book by Pallet called, I think, Aircraft Instruments. Airlife produce good background books by Trevor Thom, not the PPL ones, one is called Aerodynamics, Engines and Airframe Systems for the Transport Pilot, can't remember the name of the other one.