PDA

View Full Version : Network Q (RAC) Rally

What Limits
7th Nov 2002, 19:13
For anyone flying into the UK round of the World Rally Championship November 14 - 18, beware! I understand that the CAA will be in attendance 'mob-handed'.

Is your sh!t in one sock?

Keep Safe in a very tricky location.

EESDL
10th Nov 2002, 17:47
Surely all rotorheads have their **** in one sock, as the other sock is used to keep all the crossed t's and dotted i's in, along with the ducks that are in a straight row?

Always assume that the CAA are going to be at your LS and you will not go far wrong (unless you're using an out-of-date GPS), but then does assume make an ass out of you and me?

I'm tired, must sleep now...............

Hover Bovver
11th Nov 2002, 12:01
Hansard,

Be prepared for crap weather, it always is! hill flying ( not big enough to call mountains) . Some of the landing sites given too use are interesting, and if youve got skids and ground clearance make sure you park somewhere that isnt needed by a wheeled helicopter(see mike I do think about you!). Always keep a very good look out as there are a lot of us in a relatively small area( especially if weather is bad as some places only have one route in and out)

EESDL

I personally like to keep my ducks firmly on the ground, less chance of a birdstrike then.LOL. But seriously, what is your take on rule 5 exemption for the stage LS's. ??

Regards

Hover Bovver

Hoverman
11th Nov 2002, 12:02
I've also heard the Campaign will be out in force.
Suppose with a lot of heli's together they think there's a better chance of nicking somebody for something.

Hansard
(1) Make sure you have your paperwork is in order at all times.
All i's dotted and t's crossed. Even if you're really pushed for time, don't be tempted to take off on a short hop and complete it when you're hanging around at the next stop. The CAA types like doing ramp checks the moment you land.

(2) Watch your weight.
And be prepared to justify it in minute detail because they'll nitpick more than you could ever imagine in your worst nightmares.

(3) Don't under-estimate how petty CAA types can be.
Most of them haven't got any experience working in the industry, and those who have soon forget about the real world when they join 'the Authority' and become ever so important.

I don't want to tempt fate, but those three things have kept me out of trouble over the years - so far. :)