PDA

View Full Version : Excel does well

Parapunter
7th Nov 2002, 17:50
Just got in ace-lgw on Excel today. Dreadful check in at ACE, but once in the hands of the crew, a nice job well done - clean a/c, courteous & polite crew, pleasant cap & FO & OTD & arrival.

All in all, pretty good service. well done chaps!

arthur harbrow
18th Nov 2002, 16:25
Have flown with Excel on two occasions to Zakynthos.
Very impressed, by far the best UK charter service.

Xenia
22nd Nov 2002, 18:31
Must agree!!! Excel Airways is the best UK charter Airline by far!!!!
Well done XLA :D

Mad-Air
24th Nov 2002, 04:40
....and it's a pleasure working for them as well!
Crews are generally a pleasure to work with (as I'm sure u know Xenia!). Just had the end of season "Bash", we all got thoroughly sloshed, and yes, it was a very good second year!

"On Time Is The Only Time"

:D :p :D

chippy63
8th Jul 2003, 22:21
Never flown on Excel, but we are taking a family holiday in Sardinia, taking Excel from LGW to Olbia on 17/7. Just wondered if anyone knows what equipment they will use? I see they have 737, 757 and 767 aircraft.

skytravel
9th Jul 2003, 17:33
It will be a 737 or 767. The 757's are based in Manchester and Glasgow.

Excel are a great charter airline, my favourite by far!

GrantT
10th Jul 2003, 07:33
Good to hear positive comments for Excel, i will be flying with them to Malaga at the end of August from Manchester.

GrantT
9th Aug 2003, 10:23
Sorry to drag this post up again, but does anyone know what aircraft they use for the Manchester-Malaga route?

Thanks.

PRB44
15th Aug 2003, 10:06
GrantT
Do you have a more exact date or even a flight number and
I will tell you which aircraft you are on.We have a mixture of
737 and 757 aircraft operating during the last week of august.

Chippy63
Did you have a good trip and holiday.I see you were 12 minutes late leaving LGW.Bottoms will be smacked.On time on the way home though whether you went for a week or a fortnight.

And GrantT,we will endevour to get to there and back on time whichever flight you are on.Happy holiday.

TightSlot
15th Aug 2003, 17:30
Yes, well, they would do well, given that they have the best charter aircraft in the whole history of the world (767-200). Pax & Crew love it - if only my employers hadn't sold the 200's to them. Please can we have our plane back Mister?

GrantT
16th Aug 2003, 22:05
Hi PRB44,

We will be flying on August 30th.

Thanks for the info.

PRB44
17th Aug 2003, 01:19
GrantT
Take it you have an early start.You will be on the 757-200 reg
TF-ARD.Can be seen on airliners.net/search/
Happy flying and have a great time

BAe 146-100
17th Aug 2003, 01:59
Hi,

I flew with them to FNC from MAN and was impressed with the level of service and leather seats :ok:. GrantT, you will be on a 757-200. I saw one today at AGP. What seating do XLA have on the 752?

BAe 146-100

chippy63
18th Aug 2003, 22:09
Hi, PRB44, thanks for asking,yes, it was a great holiday- just did a week, wish we'd done two. Slightly late departure on the way out was apparently BAA baggage handling problem. Certainly everyone was on board and ready to go on schedule. Very nice hot breakfast. Mrs Chippy and Miss Chippy don't do breakfast, so Master Chippy and I had two each;)
Would certainly fly them again

GrantT
7th Sep 2003, 05:00
Aaah back in good ol' England :) BAe 146-100 The seating on the 757's is still the leather seats and quite comfartable too ;)

The outbound flight was around an hour late because the inbound flight had been delayed. The hot breakfast was nice but no in-flight film (disappointing)! The aircraft was TF-ARE not -ARD PRB :p

The inbound flight was also very nice with a hot dinner, which was quite tasty and this time there was an in-flight film (the movie has not even been released in UK cinema's yet) but it was black and white :ugh: Departure and arrival was spot on time, well done Excel :ok: The inbound aircraft was TF-ARD.

Except for the leather seats there was nothing above average on Excel, but i would fly them again.

Regards,

Grant.

PS. I will post some holiday snaps soon. :cool:

BAe 146-100
7th Sep 2003, 16:50
Hi,

Thanks GrantT :ok:.

BAe 146-100

FingersR
31st Mar 2004, 12:33
Hi,

Have a flight with Excel in July to PMI. Never flown with them before and have read these good reports from last year or 2 in this post. Are they still any good knowing how things change or better off flying with BA to PMI instead?

Thanks

dgutte
1st Apr 2004, 14:08
Booked a holiday to Zante for June this year, back last year, because of flight times and the fact that it was excel (sick of sub standard foreign carriers).

Low and behold, flight now leaves at 6am instead of 13.30 (great, gonna be fun with a 5 month old!) and now flying with Islandflug - WHO?????

:*