PDA

View Full Version : BA Aptitude teats - just done em?

Lauraskybaby
19th Mar 2001, 12:10
Has anybody recently undergone the BA aptitude tests?

If so, please could you give me some advice on what to expect and how best to prepare for them?

Thank you
Laura

eyeinthesky
19th Mar 2001, 12:41
What a disappointment this thread turns out to be given its heading and author's name!... http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

------------------
"Take-off is optional, Landing is mandatory"

BigTimeWannabe
19th Mar 2001, 15:16
E-mail me!

JT8
19th Mar 2001, 18:05
Laura,

You will have:

a) Personality questionaire
b) Micropat
c) Maths test
d) Verbal reasoning test

Use the search function to find out more about each - plenty of useful stuff here.

Good luck,
JT8 :)

SpeedBird22
20th Mar 2001, 01:38
*looks disappointed* So where are the teats we were promised then??? :) :)

StephenM
21st Mar 2001, 01:45
I completed the BA aptitude tests in October of last year. Since this is the first reply I have sent to anyone on this site, here is the essay version:

You will complete four tests spanning from about 9am till maybe 3 or 4 O'clock. (TIP: if you are staying in a hotel near Heathrow make sure you book a taxi to get you to the rivers with at least 30mins to spare. (I was staying 5mins away and it took nearly 45mins to get to the place!)

Test1

Personality - about 300 questions - no time limit but you should do them in about 40 mins or so. Fairly straightforward - be honest - best policy !!

Test2

Maths - 25 questions in 12 minutes. Sounds okay but you've gotta be quick with your mental arithmetic. I don't know the pass mark (could well be 15). A technique I would not advise is trying to work through each question and knowing the answer, instead, get a rough answer, look at the choices (yes they are multiple choice) and go for the one you think is best.

"How to pass Numeracy Tests" By Harry Tolley and Ken Thomas would be a good investment.

Critical Thinking - Don't ask me on this one, no matter how much I practised, I always seemed to get these wrong. They are straightforward but they need thought rather than "hunch" thinking. You have again, about 25 questions to be answered in a similar time limit.

You then get a break for dinner which includes a buffet (which isn't bad either!!) Watch out for the candidates who are looking at you - everyone checks one another to see who is eating too much, too little, eating like a pig or who can't keep their hands off the sausage rolls!!

After Lunch

Aptitude Test

You go into a computer room and sit at a terminal. You have a joystick, a keypad and a set of pedals. You complete about ten different tests on the computer. These include,

coordination - keeping a moving ball in between two horizontal bars (of which you are controlling)

Manikin - a person stood with a briefcase facing you - you have about 50 Q's asking you "which hand the briefcase is in". Then they rotate the manikin, flip him, invert him and the rest...

A quick subtraction set of Q's. Eg 254-166 = 112 TRUE or FALSE - the time of your response affects your result.

There are some other computer tests but I can't remember all of them. The good thing about the computer tests is that you can see your progress and how well you are doing (you are given a mark after each section.)

The order of the tests I have described were in the order I took them. They may well be different now.

I hope I haven't baffled you too much - I know I've wittered but there is a fair bit to consider.

email me if you want any more advice - happy to help

Good Luck

SM

Lauraskybaby
24th Mar 2001, 17:40
Sorry - that was 'Aptitude Tests' not teats!!!!