PDA

View Full Version : Fun

The Nr Fairy
7th Nov 2002, 05:20
Having spent the last week working rather than flying - I'd taken the week off work to fly but the weather was cr@p - I went flying yesterday afternoon and the wx was lovely.

After an hour and a half of trolling round the English countryside on instruments, incluning being sniffed at by a Chinook, we had a brief break, then the fun started.

0.7 of quickstops, hovering autos and finishing off with torque turns - what a blast !! All of it spent at speeds up to 80 knots below 50' with large angles of bank, and a huge grin, all while learning something.

That's why we do it - for moments like that, amongst lots of other reasons.

Grainger
7th Nov 2002, 20:54
That is indeed why we do it.

First time out for a couple of weeks myself this afternoon. Similar reasons - overwork and grot wx last week.

Beautiful clear afternoon up here today and the first touch of snow on the mountains. Great way to de-stress. :D

Nr: if you're ever up this way, and wanna see some real scenery...

G :cool:

B Sousa
8th Nov 2002, 11:25
Hey buddy, long time no see.......Im back from Africa and working in the Virgin Islands again for the season.....(www.aircenterhelicopters.com) come on down and visit. I just ferried a B206L3 here from Tucson Arizona. Tried to get someone to ride along, but folks just cant seem to move on the last minute. Too bad as it was 29 flying hours, all logable for someone. I got to talk to an empty seat.
Hope all is well in the crap weather. Its OK here, in fact the pool is nice and warm..ha ha

pilotwolf
8th Nov 2002, 12:59
Bert - Next time post the details here or drop me an PM/email...

I m sure you'd end up drawing lots to fill that seat! :)

PS. NR - Hope you wern't endangering any one on the ground - would hate another discussion on irresponsinle helicopter pilots!!! :) :)

rightpedalRIGHTPEDAL
8th Nov 2002, 14:02
Hi Bert

I'm flying in Barbados and Antigua. Maybe I'll pop over one day and say hi. Do you know if LIAT or Carib goes in there?

RW-1
8th Nov 2002, 16:51
Too true NR, too true!

Been so busy gearing up for CFI here that I am taking one or two hours to go up by myself, no pax, no simulated student, just me.

To get back to why I like it, just being up there flying around, doing the fun stuff.

Then back to the CFI prep grind :)