PDA

View Full Version : Flying GA from UK to Malaga, Ibiza or Menorca

bumpffslam
28th Jan 2001, 03:56
Any one had recent experience of landing fees, handling charges etc at these airports for light singles? Any tips for the routing etc?

Wee Weasley Welshman
28th Jan 2001, 16:11
Malaga is quite well set up for GA - especially during the winter. Landing fee is about 18 quid sterling with parking fairly cheap.

Safe flight,

Spooler
28th Jan 2001, 21:16
I live, work in Palma and frequently fly the balearics and mainland in a PA28 from Son Bonet (LESB) three miles NW of LEPA (Palma). If you need any info email me, or log onto the aena sites. Fees are about 4 quid for a day stop in Menorca, Ibiza, about 10 at Palma and a little less on the mainland.

BEagle
29th Jan 2001, 03:45
Spooler - are those the landing fees at San Luis or at Mahon?
Once saw an Iberia 727 do a very nice run in and break at Mahon positioning for the first outbound flight to Barcelona!!

Spooler
1st Feb 2001, 01:14
That landing and day parking fee was for LEMH (Mahon) and was the total fee for landing and 8 hours parking in the GA Bay next to the helimed parking. I can only guess they are very lenient towards <5700 aircraft as it at least gives then something to do out of season - it's pretty sparse a place most of the time. Never had anything but a straight in to final or staright out dep. Best bit is 30 mins after shutdown, you're on a beach!