PDA

View Full Version : First Solo

November Whiskey
27th Jan 2001, 23:18
Greetings fellow pruners.....

Just wanted to share my good news!

Flew first solo on Thursday at Southend,it's the first step on the ladder towards going commercial and it feels great! Long way to go still.

Good luck all.

andymac
28th Jan 2001, 01:00
I guess the beers are on you tonight!!
Wish I'd read this earlier, I might have joined you!
How do you feel??? Now get your finger out - summer's coming with all those lovely CAVOK days perfect for cross-channel hops.
Well done.

Rusty Cessna
28th Jan 2001, 01:11
Congrats,

feels great don't it!

Rusty
:) :)

Flying Spider
28th Jan 2001, 01:14
Well done mate! The first of many milestones!

AssumeCrashPositions
28th Jan 2001, 01:21
Congratulations! I'm hopefully going to be doing my first solo tomorrow after it was called off a couple of weeks ago due to bad vis. Can't wait!

scroggs
28th Jan 2001, 01:23
NW
very well done! This is an event I hope you will remember for the rest of your life - I certainly remember mine with a good deal of pride, in spite of now knowing the mistakes I made! It's one of the great achievements in your flying career, and a moment you can share with every other pilot worldwide. All the very best for the future!

[This message has been edited by scroggs (edited 27 January 2001).]

thefridge
28th Jan 2001, 02:23
Hi November Whiskey

Congratulations, its a great experience. Did mine over 3 years ago but can remember the feeling as if were yesterday.

Keep hold of the memory for all the chalenging times ahead.

Good Luck with the rest of your flying. :)

November Whiskey
28th Jan 2001, 03:56
Thanks everyone.

It's great that we all have something so special in common and that we all support each other through good and bad.

Keep your head in the clouds......

Wee Weasley Welshman
28th Jan 2001, 16:17
Well done. One of the best bits of being a flying instructor is sending off 1st solos.

ACARS
28th Jan 2001, 23:28
NV

Your the man!! Well done. I haven't done it myself yet (summer in Florida I hope), but I'm sure it must feel great.....Just sit back and think watch you have actually accomplished. You can now fly an airplane!!!

Baggy
29th Jan 2001, 16:22
Congratulations!

Next step a big shiny tube!

GJB
29th Jan 2001, 16:55
Well done! Best of luck with the rest of your training.

paulo
29th Jan 2001, 16:57
Congrats - my first was only a few weeks ago, in Florida. Southend is my new homebase - which club are you with, what are you flying?

willbav8r
30th Jan 2001, 22:13
awwright :)

capt_kangeroo
31st Jan 2001, 15:43
Congrats!

Going solo is an amazing achievement and you'll remember the feeling for the rest of your life.

Mine was three years ago and I can still remember every second of that flight!!!!

Snakum
31st Jan 2001, 20:25
Congrats!

Mine was Summer 1996 and - like others here - I can remember every second of it, still! Onward and upward then!

Snakum

Charlie Hotel
31st Jan 2001, 20:26
Well done + good luck with the rest!!
:) :) :) :)

Charlie.

Snapper_head
31st Jan 2001, 21:59
Well done mate.
Like everyone here I can remember mine like is was yesterday.
The funny thing about first solo is that I remember ever part of it where as my PPL and CPL flight tests were a blur and I cant really remember them.
Cherish this feeling because it will last a life time. :)

------------------
All of us are in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde

Nick Mahon
2nd Feb 2001, 05:18
Well done m8. I remember me ****ting my pants when my instructor jumped out especially just before take off : theres you, the runway, and the big sky!

Good stuff!!!

[This message has been edited by Nick Mahon (edited 02 February 2001).]