PDA

View Full Version : Naming Ceremony

ZAZOO
5th Nov 2002, 19:08
Hi all, I need a name for a new startup airline here in Africa, not possible to tell u which parts for now.

My friends have tried everything to come up with a suitable name for their new startup and nothing so far.

If you can help, well then I must say they will be appreciative ;)

Regards

Zaz

lostcomm
5th Nov 2002, 19:23
LION AIR and a big nice lion on a tail of the airplane, the name represents Africa well also says that you a fighter and you will fight for your passengers. What do you think? Any jobs to spare at the new airline Zaz? just kidding, I bet all slots are full.
Good luck with the airline guys!!!!

lostcomm

Skaz
5th Nov 2002, 20:37
Boaair - boabab on tail ......no?

Vark Air - WartAir - warthog on tail, tail high....no?

Crane Air - Wattled Crane on tail, nice bird endangered too .... good one methinks.

ok, I'm done ... can I get a job now?:D

Gunship
5th Nov 2002, 21:00
Ok Lion Air is a joke I pressume ... refer to Guvner (Neal Robertson's ) attempt to open a new airline Sarcastic report (http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/news/page.cfm?objectid=12315248&method=full&siteid=86024 ) . If you are serious - it is obviously taken ....

Anyway ... "Akuna Matatta - also spelled Hakuna Mattatta - I think ? " .. universal language in Africa meaning "NO PROBLEM .. :D Howzit ??? Forget about the job m8 - just send the $ ! Good luck !

bwanatembo
5th Nov 2002, 23:09
Hey Zaz,

What's goin on?

R U playn.......... Let's start a new airline?

Best regards.

BT

ZAZOO
6th Nov 2002, 14:05
Okay guys thats enough now :o

This is serious and I would like u all to help out here, and as I said before they will be appreciative.

So come on now, lets get innovative please

Lostcom thanks but pease try again and about the slot thing well you never no, let them get it going first, they are good guys and will be looking for people.

Guns not Hakuna matata again, I think I have done that one before with simba and the others ! hhhmmm wonder what happened to my buddie Scar, not seen him about for a while :D :D

Keep it coming guys.

Zaz

bacon torpedo
6th Nov 2002, 14:16
What kind of service will you be offering. Your name should reflect your product and your origins!

Freak On A Leash
6th Nov 2002, 14:21
ZAZOO,
It`s kinda hard since we don`t know what kind of operations they will be doing. Passenger/cargo/combi/ACMI/bush/humaitarian and so on. Also, we don`t know where it is going to be based. An airline name should reflect some of these things...

But anyway, here`s my contribution;
African Frontier Airlines

Airforce1
6th Nov 2002, 19:16
How about:
AWA (Africa Wins Again) :p
Banana on the tail will look good.
just for all those contract pilots as gatvol as I am

On the serious note, Horizon Air seems good.Since I will never be rich enough to open my own airline(typical pilot),can give away my trump card name.

looser
6th Nov 2002, 22:25
You can call it Zer0crush Airlines,it's a good start up name.It means you start with zero crushes and your aim is to keep it zero.
You can also paint a big zero on the plane and write inside'this is our secret of success'
What do you think?

MamboBaas
7th Nov 2002, 00:58
Rex Aviation - for the Lion of Africa
Jambo Air - but sounds too much as if something is jammed and the aircraft may crash
Mandelair - a new African beginning!
Shaka Skyways - but maybe people tink dey go shaka, shaka!
Air Ogga - the #1
Watin Air - the most likely as it's the question that will be most often asked if it's like the typical Nigerian airline!;)

Mobotu
7th Nov 2002, 06:34
Come on Guys - put some effort into this....

1: Air Peut-étre (Air Maybe)
2: Dream Airways - Africa Dreaming
3: Air Miracle
4: Wings & A Prayer
5: Lost Horizons (Sorry Airforce1)
6: Provisoire Air (Provisional Air)
7: Air Temporaire (Air Temporary)
8: Anything Goes Airlines
9: Scotch Tape Aviation
10: Destination TBA

Sorry ZAZOO - it was too early in the morning for a serious response.......

Rudeman
7th Nov 2002, 12:16
So what does the winning name get ? Just joking !

How about Southern Cross Airlines although you might be a bit north or Equator Airlines.

tropicopter
7th Nov 2002, 13:30
Palm Air. The logo is a globe, half of which, on the right hand side is a golden/orange rising sun (symbolising the new start) and this morphs into a map of the world, showing Africa on the left hand side. Following the curve of the left hand side of the globe is the trunk of a palm tree, its leaves spreading over the top and across the globe to emphasise the international nature of the business.
I've already got the design for the logo and for only 2 business class return tickets on the new airline, it's yours. :D

ZAZOO
7th Nov 2002, 18:28
Oooooohh you guys are just something else, I must say thanks for all your replies and suggestions its really very kind of you all I feel so humble.

Freak On A Leash the airline will be operating passenger and cargo with 100/110 seater aircrafts and by the looks of it an executive jet will be available from them for private charter 6 months after the initial startup takes off.

As for the location of the new operator, well that I can not reveal to anybody right now. In this kind of new startups you do not want to put the cart before the horse, by that I mean let us not let doom mongers lose on my friends at this stage, you know how this continent is but what I can tell you is it will be the west coast and their hub will be something of novelty and I like it, but just looking and wishing them Gods Speed.

I must say I have already taken down some of your suggestions on the name subject please keep it coming.

Thank you Guys :)

Zaz

MM MLE
9th Nov 2002, 18:23
What about something that covers the continent and represents a certain strength/speed... something with: 'Global...

What about Gazelle in the local dialect / language??
I can try to make you a nice logo if you want, that's just something to keep me busy!

MM

REAL ORCA
10th Nov 2002, 05:01
Use the most popular brand name in Africa - MADIBA'S AIRLINE.

If that does not work, nothing will.:confused: :confused:

Evanelpus
14th Nov 2002, 13:48
How about Africair?

Skaz
14th Nov 2002, 21:29
ho 'bout Eagle Air with golden fisheagle on tail

or Bateleur Airways, with Bateleur Eagle on tail , white fuselage and red engine pods

ZAZOO
18th Nov 2002, 18:12
MM MLE would you really do that !

How about a logo with something to do with the ocean, you know something aquatic and also with a bit of Africa also !

Thanks All

Zazoo

Gunship
28th Nov 2002, 21:02
MM MLE, A mad (very mad) French friend was supposed to strat -up Gazelle Airline operating out of Senegal ... anybody knows if the dreamer started up ?

Initials J.J. Surname F**n**s ?

Any more news ZAZOO ?