PDA

View Full Version : Ormond Beach Aviation

ETOPS773
5th Nov 2002, 17:41
Hi,I`m thinking of doing some hour building in Florida with OBA,Would like to hear from anyone who has any information about this place..it seems it has..mixed reviews,thats why i`m asking before I going!! Please mail etc if it could be..degrading etc etc.

Many Thanks,
ETOPS773

EnglishmaninNY
7th Nov 2002, 21:24
Hi ETOPS

Just what I've heard I'm afraid as I haven't been there personally, but a friend who is now an instructor with a school at Biggin Hill, did some training with OBA; said to give it a wide berth. Things may have changed, but he just didn't have good things to say about it, I'm afraid. Have you considered Naples - have had a couple of friends train there and it generally seems to come highly recommended. I would recommend a thorough search of the site, and a decision based on the wealth of information given on this site. Best of luck with your training wherever you choose to do it

Cheers :)

jstew15
13th Dec 2002, 18:16
One of my friends recently completed his PPL at OBA.
He wasn't too impressed with the school at all.

ratsarrse
13th Dec 2002, 18:35
OBA was one of the places I visited on a 'scouting' mission to Florida about a year ago. I got quite a good impression - the people seemed friendly enough, facilities decent etc. I can't personally speak for the quality of their fleet - which is what you'd be most interested in I guess.
I also spoke to someone who completed his PPL there earlier this year and he recommended it...
So, in the space of 4 posts we already have mixed reviews!