PDA

View Full Version : Whats happening over London

airmail
5th Nov 2002, 16:27
Whilst having a break today, I noticed a series of bright lights falling vertically towards the East of London. On the basis that fireworks have to go up before they come down (and the fact that they didn't explode in anyway) does anyone have an idea what was going on? It was about 16.15-16.30 if that helps.

FlapsOne
5th Nov 2002, 16:40
Damn Martians in the hold again!

Tiger
5th Nov 2002, 18:13
This year there are some fab fireworks which go soaring into the sky with no colour or B A N G! Then they explode in the atmosphere showering the night sky with with light and pretty colours.

Taking way to many breaks these days or too much free time on your hands......;)

airmail
6th Nov 2002, 09:10
Tiger

I had heard about these fireworks but never seen them so it could be that, what aroused my curiosity was that they were single lights falling back to earth at a rate of about 1 every 2 minutes. In addition, it was still (relatively) light and they were coming from above cloud level-don't know what it was yesterday but even if it was less than 1000 feet that would make them serious rockets!!

WRT the breaks-I won't tell my boss if you don't :D

DuckDogers
6th Nov 2002, 14:05
As a four ship of Tornados heads south one evening Nav remarks to Pilot,

"Ahhhh, so that's what the Thames Valley Avoidance Area looks like then!"

Grim Reaper 14
6th Nov 2002, 16:31
Are you sure your hat wasn't on fire?

cwatters
6th Nov 2002, 18:50
It's not unknown for sailors to use up out of date parachute flares and similar devices at this time of year.

Georgeablelovehowindia
6th Nov 2002, 23:21
...which the Royal Yachting Association, unfailingly, at this time of year reminds its members is ILLEGAL.