PDA

View Full Version : Salary Survey

tuskegee
5th Nov 2002, 12:51
Hello Folks !!!!

I need your help to find a website or information on african airline pilot salary !!
I'm currently flying in West Africa and we need a salary raise urgently !!!!!!!

thanks for any of your help !!

Gunship
5th Nov 2002, 13:05
Sjees mate , dunno if that is the kind of info that is freely available on the net.

Why are they not paying you guys more ??? Is Dakar to "nice" these days ?:D

Have a good one and hope you get your RAISE !

JJflyer
5th Nov 2002, 13:57
B727 Capt 4200-6500 USD, B727 F/O 2800-4500 USD and B727 F/E 3200-4000 USD a month Tax Free.

Includes all Per Diems and housing. Contract details vary from individual to individual and are subject to change without prior notice.

tuskegee
11th Nov 2002, 11:39
thanks Gunship and JJflyer

I thought there were something available in this website.
JJflyer right now we have 3000-4000 Capt and 2000-2500 $ F/o
which is i think very low compare to the job market !!!!!

:( tuskegee

JJflyer
11th Nov 2002, 17:44
I gather you are flying for Air Senegal International ? Salaries you are getting could be worse.

Some South African companies pay their F/A´s around 300 USD yes Three hundred a month F/O´s get between 1000 to 1500 a month and Captains are in the 3000 bracket. So compared to those salaries you are not all that badly off.

I am interested in your total packgage, do you have a rotation, does company pay for your housing, do they pay for your simulator, do they pay your tickets and do they pay you when you are off?

Also there has been a a marked reducuction in the contract compensations paid in the last year. Even the more lucrative SE Asia companies have reduced their salary packages. I am wairing with interest what the coming Hajj will bring with it.

Cheers and good luck

tuskegee
19th Nov 2002, 13:55
JJFlyer !!

Sorry for this late response but i don't loggin everyday !!!

The company doesn't provide housing as we are native of the country.
We were trained by the company and they paid for the type .
Air Senegal International is part of the Royal Air Maroc group so we ve done our type rating in Casablanca to the RAM training center which is really nice.
You know how it is !!! The first thing you want is to fly a jet after a year you want to fly the same jet but with a good salary.
We have a 4 years bond on the contract.
We have 4 weeks pay holidays per years.
We don't have enough senegalese people qualified for the job so we hired a couple of hungarian folks to fly our 737s and they seems to be happy with theirs 6000 $ !!!!

Yes, as usual expats get more money than local pilot !!!*

Beside that the company is nice .

If you need more info don't hesitate .

cheers .

Furloughed
24th Nov 2002, 17:34
Is your company looking for any more pilots?

tuskegee
24th Nov 2002, 20:40
yes they are looking for captains !!!

what is your experience ?

Furloughed
25th Nov 2002, 13:21
I have about an ATP 9100 TT,and 1130 hours in B-737-200 no command time on the 73 unfortunatly.