PDA

View Full Version : Where are the medievals?

Binoculars
5th Nov 2002, 11:44
Medievals? Well, those like me; not the originals, not the newcomers.

I dropped into chat last night. It was the third time I'd dropped in over the last six months and there had never been more than one person in there. Last night because the forums were down there was a good number, but still only one I recognized.

It is the fate of us old farts to bemoan how much better things were in the old days, but hey, I'm only talking 12 months here. For personal reasons I have been absent for six months and I'm sure nobody has even noticed I've been missing, but I'm amazed to see that the people who made JB worthwhile all seem to be missing at the moment. Is it just coincidence that the topics are so banal?

Where is HugMonster? I let him have it with both barrels on one post, but despite his tendency towards pomposity his input was always intelligent. Perhaps he sees nothing worth responding to.

I'd Rather? Velvet? Send Clowns? OzExpat? GoGirl? Tartan Gannet? Davaar? Mac the Knife? Rainbow? Dr. Hibbert? Kaptin M? Feeton TerraFirma? Charlie Foxtrot India? Mriya225? Even old Swashplate?

These aren't people I always agreed with, in fact I vigorously criticized several of them, but they are the ones who made JB worth visiting for a debate.

The friend I caught up with last night agrees that she couldn't be bothered posting these days. Me, I watch, but rarely am I tempted to post. That is a shame, not for anybody else, but for me. I look back on a couple of threads I participated in, and Iím proud to have been a part of them. Genuine food for thought. I hope JB can regain its position of being a front line for peopleís opinions.

Apologies also to all those newcomers who may take this as a personal attack. Every organisation has to evolve, and new members who can contribute are desperately required to continue the organism as a growing thing. I was (eventually) welcomed here as a regular, I hope on the strength of my opinions. May you all be accepted the same way. Maybe this organisation is evolving so rapidly that earlier inhabitants are swept away without need for continued input.

Hi to all my cyberfriends, and sorry I haven't been in contact. It's been a tough few months.

Binos

Nopax,thanx
5th Nov 2002, 11:47
Huggy got a job!

Welcome back anyway; sympathise with you on a lot of what's going on, maybe it's just a measure of the site's success.

ATCbabe
5th Nov 2002, 12:19
Binos,

Course we missed you!!!! Where you been????

Welcome back,

Babe x

FlyingForFun
5th Nov 2002, 12:20
Welcome back, Binos!

I've also been away from chat for the best part of year. Will probably venture back in after I finish my exams in February. Judging by the changing faces in JetBlast, I doubt I'll know all that many people. Looking forward to making new friends, though! I just hope the atmosphere of the place hasn't changed too much... I'm not a big fan of internet chat-rooms generally, but PPRuNe-chat is the exception, completely unique.

See you all in there in a few months!

FFF
-----------

Davaar
5th Nov 2002, 14:30
As the man said, Bins: "Gone. All are gone, the old familiar faces". Nice to see you back.

Fox Fire
5th Nov 2002, 16:19
Binnie dear I'll have you know I noticed you were missing AND have been worried; AND sent you an email seeing if you were alright.

I'm still in Scottyland and leave the UK on the 11th so everyone can breathe a sigh of relief :p

con-pilot
5th Nov 2002, 19:11
Velvet still posts occasionally but near as much as she used to. However I havenít seen her in chat for ages and I really miss her.

But you are right now that I think of it, however I do know some of the guys and gals have changed jobs and moved. Hope theyíll come back.

:confused: