PDA

View Full Version : Africa Sponsorship and Emirates forms

imaad
18th Mar 2001, 13:46
I am from South Africa and wanna know if anyone besides SAA has a sponsorship programme.Even a private funder..I need R230 000 to from start to finish thats like 21 000 pounds and if anyone knows how on earth to get forms for emirates cadet pilot training programme...please let me know..

thanks all
im desperate

------------------

Flying_Steph
18th Mar 2001, 16:32
Unfortunately I don't think you'll easily find an airline ready to sponsor you (appart from SAA). Airlines doing sponsoring usually prefer people from their own country, not expats. I know BA is an exception to the rule, but you have AT LEAST to have the right to live and work in Europe.

Now regarding Emirates, I wouldn't be surprised if they had the same policy as Gulf Air: "we hire expats if they have a type rating and experience, but we do ab-initio training for the smart guys born in the Gulf".

The only people who are ready to sponsor anybody (provided they have garantees) are the bankers. Give it also a try: have you got something to lose after all ?

Keep trying. Don't give up. The job is out there !
:)

imaad
18th Mar 2001, 17:35
Thanks for the advice...much appreciated..and you can bet your life that I'll not let up till I'm "Soaring".
On the issue of the banks , will you please xpand...
Thanks a million mate

oh and can I get the BA forms on-line somewhere??or do I have to phone them form SA??

Gucci Cockpit
18th Mar 2001, 22:05
imaad,

call BA on

+44 (0)20 8940 2777 or +44 (0)870 607 3777

They should send out the app forms.

Also check out:

http://www.britishairwaysjobs.com/cc/pilots/spts/index.jsp

------------------
"mayday mayday! The sim has lost one of it's legs!"