PDA

View Full Version : SAS A340 and A330

Dash8100
4th Nov 2002, 16:16
Will be travelling CPH-NYC-CPH 11.-18. november. Does anybody have some experiences to share regarding travelling with these aircraft and SAS? Thanks.

PAXboy
4th Nov 2002, 23:42
Not with SAS but could you be more specific in your question?
"... travelling with these aircraft " do you mean seating choice? If so, in which class?

Dash8100
5th Nov 2002, 08:58
I will be travelling in Economy Class, of course... I'm interested in any aspect of the aircraft: seating (are all the seats reclining? (where not to sit)), food and drink, aircraft performance, etc. Thanks.

PAXboy
5th Nov 2002, 09:16
As I said, not with SAS or A330, but with the A340 over the past eight years ...

I have travelled at the back, in the middle and at the front with LH & VS. I have sat on the left window bank and the right (I don't do middle seats!) Very comfortable and quiet all round. No issues at all.

The aircraft is marginally slower than the 747 but was designed for long range fuel economy, overall it makes very little diff. For example, London to Johannesburg has 30 minutes extra on the schedule for an A340-200 as opposed to 747-400. In my book, that is of no consequence.

Actual seating is always down to the carrier. In long haul it would be very unusual for any seat row not to recline. Catering? One would expect good things of SAS.

Please do let us all know how it goes.