PDA

View Full Version : Low-Time SIC Positions

Copter Driver
3rd Nov 2002, 16:30
Posting for a buddy of mine who has CPL, Instr, CFI with about 250TT and 200 hours in helicopters, all R22 and R44. He is curious as to if companies offer pilots with very low time any SIC jobs? Personally I have met two guys that have had 170 and 230 hours that have been hired as SIC on some larger birds. I am assuming that it is just right place at the right time, but are there low-time SIC jobs out there. I have tried to help him find some on the net but was not able to locate any.

Thanks in adavance for the help.

Copter Driver

BlenderPilot
3rd Nov 2002, 17:27
If your friend doesn't mind having to move south of the border and learning some spanish there's a good chance he could get an SIC job down down in Latin America.

I went to the US for my FAA Fixed wing CPL and got a Heli CPL Add On rating with only 36.5 hrs. in a Robinson.

Then with those 36.5 R22 hours I went to the Bell 212 SIC to do offshore, stayed like that until I had 600 hrs. helicopter, (bout a year) and then jumped to the 206 as (obviously) PIC.

There's always room for one more determined individual, Good Luck to you and your friend.