PDA

View Full Version : China Airlines

whatitsdoingnow
2nd Nov 2002, 23:12
I see from an ad in the Australian last week China Airlines are look for drivers for 744,A340,738. AB6, Any one know anything more?

Bozzo
3rd Nov 2002, 05:38
....ahhhhh, yep they are employing 744,A340,738. AB6 drivers, what more is there to know?

whatitsdoingnow
4th Nov 2002, 04:35
Thanks Bozzo a great help! Anyone know conditions of service,pay rates,where they operate to. living conditions in Taipai etc. tks.

Bozzo
4th Nov 2002, 05:33
Sorry Whatsit, couldn't resist.

Not too sure about China. I did a stint with EVA and found it quite miserable but that was as a cruiser. I would recommend looking carefully at China's safety record.

As for living in Taipei. Unfortunately not a lot going for it. Lots of people, not very clean, prone to earthquakes, cyclones and other natural disasters, e.g. man. Still I hear the pay is good....around USD8-10k per month.

Clive
6th Nov 2002, 00:38
Recently been up for interview etc.

Very impressed with what I have seen. China Airlines is as concerned about their safety as you or I am, which is one reason they are keen to employ experienced guys from Australia.

Spoke with many of the expats up there working at CAL and they all seem happy.... the company is honourable, the equipment great (average fleet age 5.8 years), and good money.

My advice.... put in an application if you are interested, and meet the requirements, then you might get one of the interviews sceduled for Syney around the 18th of Nov. You can then ask all your questions to the interview team..... Good luck.

8th Nov 2002, 00:17
From what I have been told by one or two people up there command time is paramount and the more experience in the LH seat the better.
A training background will put you in very good stead.

They are not after F/O's at all or inexperienced crew.

The reason behind the expat drive is to get high time experienced guys in the LH seat and have national pilots in the RHS to gain experience.

Pay OK and the company good to work for apparently but if you have a family I dont think I'd be raising them in Tapei.
Have to agree with Bozzo on this one.