PDA

View Full Version : Privatair interview!!!

Pete37NG
2nd Nov 2002, 20:16
Dear Collegues,

can somebody please give me some information about the Privatair selection process?!!
I have absolutely no idea what to expect, questions ect. and if
they are also doing a technical quiz or something like that with
you!
Ány general information about Privatair such as rostering, lifestyle,
salary and atmosphere in the company are also highly appreciated!!

Thanks for your help

Pete
:cool:

Lavdumperer
2nd Nov 2002, 20:54
Pete,

Congrats on getting an interview with Privatair! Not many people do... I can't help you much with specifics regarding the actual interview, but I can say that you are making the right choice with regard to company. Do you know whether you are being interviewed for the Dusseldorf-EWR service exclusively or for the BBJ charter side? The BBJs are flown worldwide on a charter basis as far as I can tell - that would be very interesting flying indeed!

What specifics have you been given regarding your potential flight regime?

Good luck and keep us informed with your progress!

Wanula Dreaming
4th Nov 2002, 17:44
First of all, congrats Pete, for getting the interview ! Hope you do well and get the job ! Please keep us informed....

I heard that Privatair is only offering a one year contract for FO's, and that only for the DUS-EWR route. So don't count on flying around the world with an oil sheik, U2 or Cindy Crawford sitting in the back.. :(

This would be OK if you hqve no other job, but I wouldn't quit another job for it.

The person who told me this used to work for Privatair, so he/she is not completely ' in the loop' anymore, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Again, good luck !

Pete37NG
4th Nov 2002, 18:39
Thank you guys for your replies!

They didn't give me any details about the operation where they're hiring people yet. I'd rather prefer to fly Cindy around the globe, but I guess it will be the DUS-EWR OPS.
Good to know that they "only" give you a 1 year contract. Since I have an unlimited contract now that's it definetly something to consider, so their charter OPS would be the better choice.

Thanks again and I will keep you informed when I come back from GVA!!!

Pete

Wanula Dreaming
4th Nov 2002, 18:50
Just remember Pete, my info is about 5-6 months old, so it may be a bit outdated for as far as the 1 year contract, or any other details are concerned.

(Un)fortunately things change quickly in the aviation business...

BeerFly
5th Nov 2002, 14:42
Well as far as I know all this info is still valid. The operation from Dus seems to be a succes. Wonder how long LH will use privatair to do this ops.
Good luck

Lavdumperer
2nd Dec 2002, 20:03
Hey Pete37NG,

How did things go in Geneva? Don't keep us hanging.... How did you like the operation? Would you be flying scheduled or charter BBJs? Were there any surprises in the interview - are you still interested?

Good luck and get back to us when you can...

Wanula Dreaming
4th Dec 2002, 14:03
I was wondering the same thing... :confused:

Any news Pete ?

Wanula Dreaming
6th Dec 2002, 13:33
Looks like they need A320 rated pilots now ! ;)

http://www.privatair.com/news/articles/party_25.html

what_goes_up
6th Dec 2002, 18:59
Yes they do. But they do not accept any more applications as they have already 400 on file. Home base Toulouse, 2 A319 corporate shuttle for Airbus Industries. 5on 2 off (Monday to Friday!)