PDA

View Full Version : PPRUNE Wannabes: What an ego shed!!

gimpboy
18th Mar 2001, 00:11
Having used this site for a while now, I have come to the conclusion that the majority of people who post here are people with ego's slightly bigger than the cockpits they hope to climb into.

Day after day I see people bickering about pretty stuff like ... When was the last time you did so and so... because I DID THIS...

and .. my plane is bigger than yours

and .. Hey look at me I got a sponsorship and so on and so on

This is a great resource and I have found it very useful but a little less slagging and pettiness would be great.

EGDR
18th Mar 2001, 00:17
Here, here gimpo, I could'nt agree more. I think you'll find the reason for this is the fact the majority of PPruners are English. Thus their arrogance preceeds them.

Need I say any more..............

[This message has been edited by EGDR (edited 17 March 2001).]

Tigereye
18th Mar 2001, 00:19
Is that the best you can come up with, Gimpboy?

old-timer
18th Mar 2001, 00:42
I cant agree with this post,
what ever do you mean ego shed & bragging ??

as for me, I'm on a sponsored course leading to a command on 74'S, daddy paid for it all
& lets me fly his challenger most weekends,
I have a new Jag also to run around in,
it's a tough life really, I have to study five days & only get to relax in his yacht
at the weekends, blah blah blah... etc...

(tongue in cheek airways promotions Ltd :-)

------------------
#####################
So much sky,
so little time :-(
#####################

DeltaTango
18th Mar 2001, 01:27
well......xcuse us very much gimpy.....

S*d of then and find yourself a different forum.

DT

Cypher
18th Mar 2001, 01:55
Hey Woomera... your precense is need here I think...

Calm down, and try to avoid personal attacks against other PPruners Helimutt.. Gimpboy is entittled to his own opinions.. Dunnunda and Godzone sunk down because people couldn't respect that..

After all take things on PPrune with a grain of salt... :) as it is a anonymous forum for anyone...

A wannabe...

AJ
18th Mar 2001, 02:10
Gimpboy,

There will always be idiots; here, there and everywhere. Don't get stressed----just ENJOY LIFE. It's too short for petty bickerings.

I know where you're coming from though; personally, I think the Wannabes section acts as model to a lot of the other forums here on Planet Pprune!! :)

Plenty of over-inflated ego's and archaic points of view on R&N-go and have a look!

Variety is the spice of life.

As for the Brits....te comprendo Senor!! :)

Cheers.............

------------------
Good Morning Buenos Aires

[This message has been edited by AJ (edited 17 March 2001).]

gimpboy
18th Mar 2001, 07:22
helimutt,

Of course I will give you some info on my life!

27,000 hours Airline Flying - types include
button moon rocket, NASA, Mir space station and er some dodgy airline that uses gaffer tape to cover bald spots on the front wheel (Hint: Vodka producing country)

I fly an F-16 on the weekend and drive a petrol guzzling 56.9255 litre range rover.

When I'm not drinking champers with posh and becks - I enjoy quiet nights in with Britney.

I have a personal account with tesco - cos I get through a lot of oranges (being a gimp is hard work you know!)

If you want to talk to me call S*it chat: 0898 GIMP4U (446748)

Oh and in response to your post - why do have a problem with my original comments?? (Have I touched a nerve!!!) ha ha ha

:)

[This message has been edited by gimpboy (edited 18 March 2001).]

WOODENTOP
18th Mar 2001, 16:13
EGDR,

There is no need to put down the English as, if we did not rent your pedaloes you would not have been able to fund your flying (assumming that you are a pilot).

VFE
18th Mar 2001, 16:30
Amusing stuff.

(Glib Remarks LTD)

Startup
18th Mar 2001, 16:41
Head
N
a
i
l

[Hitting action from gimpboy]

Get what I mean?

It does p*** me off when I read some of the stuff wannabes write. In particular all the 'I've got sponsorship from BA' posts.

But I don't have to read them, so whenever see a thread title like "Got the phone call, yippeee!", I just don't click on it.

Mister Geezer
18th Mar 2001, 17:19
It is very hard to take this thread seriously!!! :)

Liven up folks!!!!

MG

------------------
It's a limited RAS as you approach my dark area.......

Lucifer
18th Mar 2001, 17:26
You've got to remember that how people write in anonymous forums is not usually the same as their actual behaviour. Many who have done things are not trying to be big-headed but are just pleased with themselves for achieving things, and without meeting them face to face can appear arrogant. Lots would beenfit from keeping it less personal and emotional when they write here.

rock_the_tower
18th Mar 2001, 18:09
Looks like the old empire has some serious problems ?

After mad cow and foot and mouth disease, Mr. gimpboy tops it all ! Eaten too much of that stuff, eh ?

Live long and prosper, buddy !

cheers

rtt

SpeedBird22
18th Mar 2001, 19:09
*Laughs out loud* hhehehehehehehe

Are we all bored yet???

EGDR
18th Mar 2001, 19:22
WOODENTOP

Got a bite, now just reeling it in. It must be 100% solid.

Ivan Ivanovich
18th Mar 2001, 20:12
EGDR

You may now claim to be on a wind up mission, but racism is still racism even when it isn't directed at so called ethnic minorities.

MAVERICK 1
18th Mar 2001, 20:34
GO GIMPETTE

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :)

------------------
That's right, I am dangerous!!!

gimpboy
18th Mar 2001, 21:17
Just wondered what happened to helimutt's post - have you deleted it??? Shame!

Right must go off now and burn some money - penthouse getting a bit cold!

matelot
19th Mar 2001, 01:05
EGDR - Went to Spain once: it was closed. That was just before they annexed it from Gibraltar. Must be a bit of a come-down from Spanish galleons to pedaloes! Do they sink just as easily?

LOL. :) :) :)

------------------
Me, sweat? I'm that cool, it's condensation.

EGDR
19th Mar 2001, 01:34
Ivan - ho ! ho ! Ho! lol........

matelot - Ah! You can always count on good old 'Jack's' sense of humour. Where would the nation be without our boys in blue....I to have been to gib, but then it's jacks home from home.

ronchonner
19th Mar 2001, 07:45
i do nt have ego. i fly a turboprop, a small one and some cessna 150.i m bad paid, but i do nt pay for a training which will make me dreaming to fly a jumbojet or boeing or else...
because i m a PILOT, a true one.and people pay me to fly.i don t pay to fly.that s the difference between you and me.i do nt pay to work.
i ve logged 2000h, flew worldwide, flew more the 15 different aircrafts...

that s my EGO.

keep flying!

matelot
19th Mar 2001, 12:09
EGDR - glad you've got a sense of humour. :) Too many miserable people around for my liking.

Be safe, mate. :)

------------------
Me, sweat? I'm that cool, it's condensation.

benny4
19th Mar 2001, 16:37
I don't know what gimpboy is getting at when he thinks that there is alot of bragging on this site. I personally have never experienced it. It is a good clean site and it's pure ignorance that would claim people are bragging. Whats wrong with telling people you are being sponsored by an airline, after all thats what alot of us are going for, right! The people who are successful in this industry are the people who go against all the ods and down hearted opinions of everyone else, and thats because they are prepared to work their A%*e off to do so. Some people do get a bit big for their boots yet I am always interested to hear the success of others.

Mister Geezer
19th Mar 2001, 16:55
It's a wind up!!!!!!! :)

MG

------------------
It's a limited RAS as you approach my dark area.......

EGDR
19th Mar 2001, 21:05
:rolleyes: Noooo ! Your kidding........

Remember - always FLY NAVY, EAT CRAB, DIG ARMY...

gimpboy
20th Mar 2001, 01:33
Hey benny4

If you don't know what I mean just have a good look round the wannabes section and you will soon see!

Makes for a good insomnia cure sometimes!!

:)