PDA

View Full Version : Are we an industry of integrity or gossips?

The examiner
2nd Nov 2002, 10:39
xxxxxxxxx

We the hearers of rumour and often malicious talk, by very often jealous and small minded people, should question our own motives for listening to and adding to harmful gossip.

If we want to be part of a very honourable industry, then those who consider ourselves honourable, should ask the seuth sayers the all important question.

DID YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENNED, WERE YOU THERE?

All good stuff until your last paragraph which I've deleted.
Harmless rumours are acceptable. Accusations and innuendo of the type posted by you and MisterBonkers are not.

Whilst we are of course honoured to have someone whose profile includes ' Test Pilot ' joining our humble forum, I'm afraid we'll have to forego all contributions from you if you repeat those parts which I've deleted from your post.

There will be no further warning.

My apologies, the last paragraph was not meant to be pointed toward an individual or company, merely raising an observation of similar incidents that have occurred in recent years.

I support the moderators removal, and recognise that such actions are supporting my believe of an industry of overall integrity.

Heliport

SFIM
3rd Nov 2002, 19:30
I dont think it is a proper career.

I started as a PPL instructor who managed to get a lucky break and get a job supporting offshore in the UK.

being a commercial helicopter pilot seems to me to be not what it should be, yeah you can get onto a B206 after you have been flying a robinson for a while, do a few VFR charters, but it seems very difficult to break through onto twins unless you are lucky, have loads of money or get a break offshore.

after you have been flying offshore for a while, you can maybe get a air ambulance job or a police job, but have to be ready for the big pay cut, or maybe do some corporate work where the commercial pressures seem even higher than offshore.

I could be wrong but I dont think it is a proper career at all,
what does anyone else think?