PDA

View Full Version : The Fall of the House of Windsor?

LGW Vulture
2nd Nov 2002, 10:11
After yesterdays escapade, how long do this lot have left??? Apologies to all you Royalists out there.

What revelations did Burrell have up his sleeve and why did the Windsor's decide to remember crucial evidence?

I reckon one of two revelations were either:

1. Burrell had many sexual encounters with Diana; or
2. He knew of evidence linking the death of Diana to security services / the Crown!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm sitting back and waiting for the "conspiracy" onslaught but being a staunch Republican....this time I feel the establishment have gone far too far!!!

Discuss!

Wedge
2nd Nov 2002, 10:26
I agree that the events of yesterday ask a lot of questions about the Queen and leave her and perhaps more her staff completely incompetent. As well as the police, the CPS and the prosecution and even the defence!!! They all had this information but either ignored it or in the case of the defence failed to bring it up repeatedly at the trial. Unbelievable incompetence from all sides in my view. Even Burrell himself was being stupid in failing to disclose the conversation in the name of 'discretion'.

I think you are wide of the mark with your two theories above. Especially number 1!!! As I don't think Burrell would have been interested, if you know what I mean. (Yes I know he is married with two kids, but I will say no more).

He does know an awful lot and the Windsors were terrified of this coming out at the trial, he was about to take the stand on Monday so the timing may be important - but it seems the only person who comes out of this with any credit is Charles, who when told of the conversation last week acted on it immediately.

A story energed last night that Diana was getting so infuriated by Camilla that she actually wanted her to be killed and even spiked her champagne!!! This was on Radio 5 last night and first appeared in the American press.

I don't think this will be the end of the Windsors, but the whole affair has made everybody involved look ridiculous (with the exception of Charles).

BarryMonday
2nd Nov 2002, 10:31
Most people will just think you are a sad case LGW Vulture, obviously not called 'Vulture' for nothing, either?

Even if he claimed to have had 'relations' with Di there is no way to prove it and who cares now, anyway?

As for the security services angle, well, yes, you are a conspiracy theorist - if it all came down to what the butler saw/knew it would have been out long before now via any of the many 'leaks' in the household of the late Di.

HMQ could obviously not intervene until she was asked the question, then she could answer and it was in the Butlers favour.
The Butler chose to take the side of and remain loyal to the Royal Family and make a stand against the greed of the Spencers.

The only people in this farce that should be worrying about their future are the investigating police force.

Anthony Carn
2nd Nov 2002, 10:38
Discuss ?

No need !

OUT, OUT, OUT !!!! :mad:

Vive La Repu....oops ! sorry Drapes......Up With the Republic !

(usual treason disclaimer)

tony draper
2nd Nov 2002, 10:43
Well I shall wait awhile if Mr Burrel sells the story to the newspapers , if he dosen't I will concider him a rare human being nowadays, somebody who displays genuine loyalty.

PS,If that that sad silly girl is voted the greatest britain, I will definatly turn into a republican.

ORAC
2nd Nov 2002, 15:07
"If that that sad silly girl is voted the greatest britain"??

Remember Tony, no man is an island. :D

Dr Jekyll
2nd Nov 2002, 15:43
Possibly the palace wanted to mention the conversation he had with the queen before he did.

Or for a conspiracy theory, possibly Mr Burrell might have said something about why Harry looks so much like James Hewitt. True or not, it's a good way to muddy the water.

DuckDogers
2nd Nov 2002, 15:44
I'd rather see the Fall of the House of Blair. Anyone know any good terorist organisations who could make this happen? Preferably with contact details!!

Unwell_Raptor
2nd Nov 2002, 16:00
"If that that sad silly girl is voted the greatest britain, I will definatly turn into a republican."

Assuming that you meant to say 'Briton' and 'definitely' , does that not say more about the stupidity of the media-fed masses than it does about the Royal Family?

WE Branch Fanatic
2nd Nov 2002, 16:19
From LGW

"I reckon one of two revelations were either:

1. Burrell had many sexual encounters with Diana; or
2. He knew of evidence linking the death of Diana to security services / the Crown!!

I'm sitting back and waiting for the "conspiracy" onslaught but being a staunch Republican....this time I feel the establishment have gone far too far!!!"

TO THE TOWER WITH THAT MAN
:mad: :mad:

DuckDodgers

On another thread you seemed to be well acquainted with the film Flight Of The Intruder, in which, two USN aviators fly a sortie on their own iniative. You will also be aware Grafton originally wanted to bomb the Communist party headquarters.

I understand most of our own naval aviators are not very happy with the present Government, I wonder if any of them have any ideas about putting a few thousand pounders into the HQ of another political party...

Paterbrat
2nd Nov 2002, 17:33
Credit to the gentleman who acted immediately on hearing of Burrel's conversation.

DuckDogers
2nd Nov 2002, 17:40
WEBF

Believe me not only have some of us thought it but, you ain't read this right?! Planned it on the joint mission planner utilising a PAVEWAY III, by the time we got to the TVAA the F3s would still be miles away then we land away somewhere with the aid of AAR, or return home to a heroes welcome. Also the fly through view, 3D synth app, on the jmp looked cool!! What a mission.

solotk
2nd Nov 2002, 19:58
Duck......

If you got there before all the Armour headed up the A3...:D

ducksoup
3rd Nov 2002, 15:39
The Ducks have it.

What a pity the House of Blair doesn't have people with just a touch even, of the personal qualities displayed by Mr. Burrell.

Wedge, your innuendo concerning Mr. Burrell is scurrilous in the extreme, libelous probably and should be immediately purged from the thread.

Sensible
3rd Nov 2002, 17:32
But then if Burrel had not gone to trial then how much less would his book have been worth? He has enjoyed a lot of advertising at the taxpayers expense! I recon the book will earn more than his flower shop will in two decades. His book is a sure fire best seller with all the sad Di followers out there lining up at the bookstores.

Wedge
3rd Nov 2002, 21:01
Nothing scurrilous about it at all DuckSoup, I don't think it is a slur in any way, and for you to suggest that such a comment is scurrillous is homophobic as it implies that there is something wrong with being that way inclined.

It has already been reported in the press that Burrell used to wear Diana's dresses and I have not seen him suing for libel over that. It doesn't really matter to me, though clearly it does to you.

Big G.
3rd Nov 2002, 23:11
BARRYMONDAY.

What a surprise to read a reply to a complex issue by simply slagging off the local 'Old Bill'.

The blame for this case rests upon all involved. It is simply too easy to make rash judgements and blame the easy target. Yes, the Police do have to shoulder some of the blame, but so too do the CPS and the defence.

If you want to think about incompetence then lets look at the defence team Mr Burrell employed. Any second rate solicitor would have thought to ask the defendant if he had been granted permission by the legal owner to have in his possession an item belonging to that person. That is the theft act in it's basic form. If that question was not asked, or not probed by the defence team, then you may want to think about directing your criticism toward them.

The defence are also responsible for producing a defence statement prior to trial. In that statement they must outline the predicted defence for the benefit of the prosecutor. Me thinks that the defence had not thought to ask my previously suggested question, because it wasn't in the official defence statement.

The Police gain the evidence, the CPS take cases to court if they consider that a conviction is likely. It would appear that prosecution may have been likely prior to Mr Burrells sudden memory recall.

I don't hold with all the weird theories, but please be open minded and think about all the angles before you launch into slagging off the Police..

Regards.
Big G.

ducksoup
3rd Nov 2002, 23:27
Wedge.

You wrote:-
"I think you are wide of the mark with your two theories above. Especially number 1!!! As I don't think Burrell would have been interested, if you know what I mean. (Yes I know he is married with two kids, but I will say no more)".

Nothing I said was in the least homophobic. I said that your remarks were scurrilous and I believe that the 'nudge, nudge, wink, wink' nature of your post lowers the tone of the debate to the lowest of levels.
You then attempt to deflect my remarks with the sort of PC drivel that accuses ME of homophobia. What rot!

BarryMonday
4th Nov 2002, 00:16
Big G.

Yes, I have to admit that I know very little about the due process of law and the responsibilities of the defence team.

What my comment, (hardly a 'slagging off'!) referred to was the fact that, whilst giving evidence the Detective Inspector admitted that they had been telling Charles deliberate lies in that they said Burrell had been selling Di's stuff overseas etc. If you read the transcript of the evidence given to the defence QC, by the Detective Inspector, about their interview with Burrell and subsequent talks with Charles and William I think you will agree that you are glad that you are not now in their shoes!:)

Big G.
4th Nov 2002, 18:57
BARRYMONDAY.

I once read a thread that said never post on PPRUNE when you are pissed. Well, guess what I did!

Having now re-read your entry while sober and awake you do make some valid points. I was reacting to a bad day at the office. I still think some of my points are true, but you have very politely and correctly told me to wind my neck in.

Point taken.

Best wishes.

Big G.

BarryMonday
4th Nov 2002, 23:08
Hey Big G. No probs. Just a polite and good natured exchange of opinions on JET BLAST!:D

Cheers and thanks, BarryMonday.

curmudgeon
5th Nov 2002, 09:33
When there's a choice between the cockup and the conspiracy theory, 99% of the time the cockup theory is correct.

cur

Grainger
5th Nov 2002, 09:42
Yes but when the whole thing stinks to high heaven there's bound to be a few skeletons rotting away in the closet.

Unwell_Raptor
5th Nov 2002, 10:10
It's been said before, but in 50 years time there will only be five Kings left in the world:-

Hearts, Diamonds, Clubs, Spades -

and England.

Firestorm
5th Nov 2002, 13:10
It was all going fine for the Windsors until Princess Diana came on the scene...... :rolleyes:

Grainger
5th Nov 2002, 21:39
It was all going fine for Diana until she met the Windsors. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Training Risky
6th Nov 2002, 00:12
I wonder if anyone really believes Diana's death was accidental? Here are some suspects:

HMG: Could the establishment bear the embarassment of the future King William having an Egyptian stepfather/grandad?

Arms Dealers: Her anti-landmine campaign was bad for business

The Paparazzi: Dangerously driven motorbikes/lights flashed in the driver's eyes.

DUCKDODGERS:

Is this modern day Taranto/Tarantula/Tarantino Night planned for before Bliar scraps the Fleet Air Arm for 'a few years'?

TR

Uncle Cracker
8th Nov 2002, 08:04
Bless 'em - ain't they worth every penny?. :rolleyes:

You want it when?
8th Nov 2002, 10:02
Training Risky - you missed out the one obvious beneficiary of the tragic accident - InterFlora. "Not just a flower shoppee..."

On thread - I think the House of Windosr would love to fall and settle back into being rich people with no duties. Even the most hedonistic would have trouble spending all the money stashed away. But there is that thing called "duty" and "pride" concepts that seem to be lost on some of the JB regulars.

Maybe Burrell was given a way out that would cause the CPS case to collapse but as the saying goes "no smoke with out fire". The current scramble from the press to buy his story will only be of benefit to him - gotta agree with some of his comments on the Spencer's. :eek: