PDA

View Full Version : Non-Disclosure on Application Forms

Hudson Hawk
2nd Nov 2002, 02:48
Hi y'all

Do airlines really go through the nitty gritty details of your application forms when they consider you for a job. A mate of mine has left some minor details of his past out of application for a regional airline and another has put more ATPL subjects down as 'Passed' than he really has.

What degree do the airlines go to to confirm application details are true and correct?

Worried for my mates :(

Hudson

Hugh Jarse
2nd Nov 2002, 22:25
Hudson, your friend is faced with 2 problems:

1. Not speaking for other airlines, but the one I work for goes quite deeply into researching the information provided on the application form. I hope he or she has result slips for ATPL before he/she gets to interview;

2. If your friend is successful and subsequently information comes to light which may have affected your friend's initial application, he/she might find a visit to Centrelink forthcoming.

Honest oversight is just that (we're only human), however outright and deliberate deception will deservedly attract some form of unpleasantness....

Dan Kelly
3rd Nov 2002, 04:48
I endorse Jarse's comments. I hope I don't have to sit beside your friend on a professional basis as he seems to lack integrity.

Then there's the story of the bloke who similarly lacked integrity WRT supposed qualifications and managed to get a job at AN some years ago.

Not only did he lack integrity but was too stupid to know that one shouldn't brag about conning the employer. I don't think he made it out of ground school! :rolleyes:

farcup77
3rd Nov 2002, 05:00
Unfortunately this is not the first I have heard of this practice,all heresay but I heard about one in particular who went to GREAT lengths to produce a very elaborate forgery of an ATPL result slip for the purpose of obtaining an interview.

Cant an employer,if suspicious of what they've been fed,call CASA exams and just find out for themselves? Or is this confidential information?

Very sad indeed,and i'm with Dan regarding operating with such "professionals".:mad:

Hugh Jarse
3rd Nov 2002, 05:53
I've heard similar stories to that which Dan K mentioned. Also of an individual that got cleared to line only to find himself unemployed a couple of years later, once found out. Perhaps stuff of legend, but more likely truth....

One thing's for sure. Forget any support from the union (if you are a member), and any sympathy from your colleagues who did not use deception in their application.

Minimum experience/aviation qualification requirements are there for 2 reasons. Primarily to cover legalities and insurance as well as a benchmark that employers set to facilitate candidates completing training within the guidelines contained within their syllabus.

It's not too hard to pick gross exaggeration on flying experience in the sim ride. I've nailed a few in my time....