PDA

View Full Version : Excel Airways - terms etc

BronzeAge
1st Nov 2002, 16:44
Could anyone please comment on the present terms and conditions at Excel for F/Os.

I believe that they are only offering a summer contract nowdays with a reduced salery to cover training costs.

Any info would be greatly appreciated as I've trawled the search option without success.

Cheers all

BronzeAge:)

tailscrape
1st Nov 2002, 22:57
I have never flown for Excel, but I do know several people who do.

And they are perhaps looking elsewhere....

If you need a job, and can stomach sh?t wages and a summer only contract then this is the place to be.

If not, I would wait and get a proper job.

Ultimately though, they are a second line charter carrier with very nice and modern equipment. And the crews are very professional.

But they are most definitely not in the Britannia,Monarch,jmc,Air2000,My Travel (hopefully) league...... and they are not as good as they used to be!!

Go for it if you must. There are worse places. I imagine.

Cakov
10th Nov 2002, 20:16
The pay is probably better elsewhere, but not by much.

10 FOs that were on temporary contracts have been kept on permanently, and seem to be happy to do so - despite having offers elsewhere. In a break from the past, they have also kept on over 100 of thir temporary cabin crew, which should help them become more a more "established" name at LGW.

As Tailscrape says, a very professional group of pilots in general, with a high standard of initial and ongoing training.

Most punctual charter airline two years running and an eye on further expansion next year: they must be doing something right!

tailscrape
16th Nov 2002, 18:29
Dicksynormous,

Don't be so personal!

As for backpay and usefulness, i do not agree. If u r good enough to fly it,u should be paid as such.

Just my opinion. Garnered from people on the inside.

Accepting part time work and low wages is the bosses dream.

Alberts Growbag
16th Nov 2002, 22:38
I am afraid that Air 2000 will be going down the same route. Any new entrants next year will be on permanant part year contracts.

In other words you are permanantly employed but on half pay and flown only from May to November. The management have twigged that the wannabe market can be exployted to come and work for peanuts.

There will still be a 15K bond over three years and you can rest assured that you will see an awful lot of Corfu at night!

Wait for a real job? There are no real jobs anymore.

:mad: