PDA

View Full Version : British Airways Recruitment

aviatorgirl72
1st Nov 2002, 14:16
Just wanted to let fellow pruners know, that I have heard from a very reliable source that they will be recruiting in January 2003.

It's about time too, a little fresh blood into the company!!!

Shadowpurser
2nd Nov 2002, 09:17
I'd be interested to know who your source is as cabin crew manager at LGW said no external recruitment planned at all at the moment as LGW base is shrinking. LH LHR is overcrewed - SH LHR is undercrewed but around 120 transfers from LGW (phone calls happening as we speak) should fill the gaps there.

There may be recruitment for other bases or B'med but I don't know about that.

The rumblings are that any future recruitment will be for SH at LGW (my fleet - you lucky people!!! MUUUUHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!) and then this fleet will feed the rest of the mainline community to give everyone a fair chance to reach the nirvana of LH LHR. But bare in mind that you will have to join the bottom of the pile at SH LHR first after you transfer from LGW (after about 3 years) then you looking at at least another 5-7 year wait at SH LHR before getting the chance to transfer to LH.

And as for fresh blood - CFE were merged with us this year, an influx of over 600 crew!!!!! How much more fresh blood can we want or take?

FCNK
4th Nov 2002, 19:02
ba will not be recruiting for a while. i spoke to our fleet manager about unpaid leave and he said his head would roll if he recruited externally.

FCNK
5th Nov 2002, 22:15
i'm desperate to take un paid leave, i ask every week at the crew service centre only to be told that we're going to be short of crew over xmas etc etc. to which we cannot recruit externally.