PDA

View Full Version : Best Drinking Experiences :)

jonathang
31st Oct 2002, 19:25
What's the most interesting, Illegal, Strange, Weird or plane stupid thing you have done while drunk?

Anthony Carn
31st Oct 2002, 19:40
I wish that I could bl**dy well remember ! :eek:

Grainger
31st Oct 2002, 20:20
When I woke up the following morning, I wished I bl**dy well couldn't remember :eek: :eek: :eek: :o

ATCbabe
31st Oct 2002, 20:33
Couldn't possibly comment on this one jon!!!!:p

OldAg84
31st Oct 2002, 21:21
The entire summer of 1983....:cool:

EI_Sparks
31st Oct 2002, 21:29
Erm...
Okay, so in my defence, it was the first time I ever got introduced to vodka and coke and I was only a fresh-faced wide-eyed and innocent 18-year-old at the time, but at the end of one summer job, the guys'n'gals went out on a friday night to the pub and got me rather intoxicated and I wound up kissing a lady I was working with....
And then found out the next day that her boyfriend (I didn't even know she was going out with anyone!) was a black belt I was training with at the time...
Has to count as my most embaressing experience.
Not the dumbest, but probably the one I'd change if I could :)

jonathang
31st Oct 2002, 22:40
Babe do I know lol :)

Baggy
1st Nov 2002, 01:07
No offence, but not old enough to remember drinking in 1983, but the other weekend in Paris was bloody good fun! If a little wrong.... :confused:

OldAg84
1st Nov 2002, 02:08
No offence taken- apparently I'll always be older and wiser (and possibly envious);)

A little background-

My last year of lifeguarding-

Beach and Sun from 11:00-19:00

Dinner 19:15-19:17

Party Starts 19:45 or so- it was on the other side of town, you see, my friends parents went to Germany for the entire summer!

Every night!!! Various themes including Toga (no underwear allowed, Christmas in July-including tree and house decorations, Chinese food theme-damned near destroyed a kitchen, and "Hey, you're awake-have a beer"...

Sleep from approximately 03:00 to 10:30. Brush teeth, put on bathing suit and T-Shirt, jump in the water (marginal substitute for actual bathing/hygiene), go to work and fry in the sun.

On the practical side we learned a lot about home repair, nothing occured from malicious accidents, but just happened.

What a group of people, we still have reunions every year.

Firestorm
1st Nov 2002, 11:12
Bar diving the length of the bar at Rothera Base in the Antarctic and breaking about 30% of the glasses on the base. Then I head butted a radiator and dented it. I don't recall that it hurt at the time. I did have the excuse of having been possesed by the spirit of Captain Union Jack. I think it cost me my bonus (about 1500). But I became a sub-Antarctic myth! I like to think.....

GustyOrange
1st Nov 2002, 14:01
Crashed my car while over twice the limit when I was 19.

It wasn't a very bright move and wasn't very pleasant when the judge threatened to send me "to a place where I wouldn't be able to drive for a very long time"

I did end up getting off with a fine though, never to repeat my stupidity again.

Crepello
1st Nov 2002, 14:14
Most potentially catastrophic experience: Back in my student days, I passed a pleasant afternoon drinking in Birmingham before catching a late InterCity. As we gathered speed, my quaffing buddy offered me a fiver to open the train door and close it again quickly (this being before the days of secondary doorlocks).

Easy money, I thought, as I leaned out the window and pulled the catch. Sadly, I'd chosen a door that opened INTO the relative wind. Result: Door wide open, train accelerating through about 80mph.

Suffice to say, we sobered-up rapidly, pulled the emergency brake and the only consequence was a slight delay. But I woke up the morning after and sh*t myself for about 3 days, thinking about what could have happened. Was bl**dy lucky to survive myself, let alone the risk to other pax.

And the worst part? I never got that fiver!

FlyingForFun
1st Nov 2002, 15:08
Well, a couple of things spring to mind instantly...

...But I'm sure there'll be worse to come! :D :D :D

FFF
--------------

international hog driver
1st Nov 2002, 23:42
Set fire to my cheek when to intoxicated to remember to blow out the flaming sambucca........

Kept talking to the Italian bird without flinching.......

Wondered why her eyes suddenly got really big......

Could not understand why a mate is suddenly beating me in the face with a tea towel........

Assessed the situation, ordered another drink to calm the nerves...........

What a night that turned out to be. :eek: :D :eek: ;)

planepsycho
2nd Nov 2002, 02:03
I went to a concert in another city......drank alot of beer..........afterward had a meal at an all night diner..(do not attempt to eat a salad or cut up a steak while intoxicated).........left the diner to find my motel room........had to relieve myself so bad from all of that beer I pulled over on the shoulder of the highway.........(afterward) fell in a ditch......... got lost on that highway and drove 30 miles away from the city I was staying in..........forgot where my motel room was and what the name of it was......lost my car.......but, found a receipt for my room......with address.....found it!! Next morning found my car in the parking lot opposite the way the lanes were marked.....and my motel was just across the street from the all night diner. :rolleyes:

planepsycho
2nd Nov 2002, 12:38
Ok, that wasn't anywhere near my "best drinking experience"....but it was memorable.

Big_Yellow_Bird
2nd Nov 2002, 13:28
OK,

Going out one night in a small town in Florida, not planning on getting legless. However that was not to be the case. Started off bowling and drinking jugs of beer through a straw. This resulted in 6 drunken Europeans in a bowling alley. Not a good combination when you step up to bowl and end up bowling down the wrong lane.

After spending the afternoon bowling and several pitchers later, we decide its time to go to the steak house to eat. We get to the steakhouse but unfortunately forget to eat and work through a few more pitchers and some Jack. Later on, must have been around 10pm, one of the Irishmen pipes up with "Lets go to West Palm!" "WayHay," we cheer. So we get changed and meet at another bar all ready to go. One of the Irishmen who was a wheeler and dealer by trade was speaking to some bloke and manages to get us a limo to West Palm. What a great idea!

So there we were. A Scotsman, Englishman, 2 Irishmen and 2 Belgians, cruising down to West Palm in a big black limousine with a case of Carlsburg. Shouting and singing god knows what out of the roof of this big car.

We get to West Palm, and Im desperately needing to break the seal. So I go and wander off to find a quiet corner to go to the loo, finish up and get lost on the way back. That would be the last time I see the guys until the next Afternoon. Now it starts getting very hazy in the head. I bumped into some folks having a party at this club. I get talking to them and after opening my mouth and hearing the Scottish accent I was invited to join. Free beer and champaign the rest of the night. GREAT! However after mixing god knows how many drinks, it didnt do much good for the head.

Now, this is when the memory gets really fuzzy. I must have got into a taxi in West Palm and asked the guy to take me to the motel I was staying in. However, I just told the guy to take me to such n such a motel and left out that it was not the one in West Palm, but the one up the road. So the cab driver must have taken me to the one in West Palm. So there I am, wandering around this motel looking for my room thinking "this place looks sorta the same, but my room isnt here." I dont know how long I was wandering around, but eventually a security guard picked me up and took me to her room. She and her partner kept me there and all I can remember is them rolling around laughing at me. I think after a while they called me a taxi, however I would never make it to the taxi as I ended up wandering around West Palm again!!!

So there I am, wandering around West Palm, and as I recall I was trying to walk home (a good 40 miles away!). Over all these bridges and that at god knows what time of the morning. All I know is it was still dark, and who ends up pulling up beside me but "The cheif'O POLICE!" The guy steps out and says,

"What are you doing walking around at this hour."
I told him I was walking home and I told him where. So he pipes up and says,

"Well if your walking there, for a start your walking in the wrong direction. Secondly it would take you a day to get there!"

After an ID check, and a radio chat with the station "Ive got a 63498??? here with me, run a check." Which basically means could you run a check on this drunken Scottish fool I found wandering around a long way from home! The copper was a good enough bloke, and ordered me a cab back to my place. Thank God!

After passing out in the back of the cab, I remember waking up back at the motel and being blinded by the light. God knows what time it was. I wasnt seen for 2 days after that having curled up on my bed paralised.

Well, thats my little story.

BYB

DuckDogers
2nd Nov 2002, 16:36
Well it all started at the Diplomat Brunch on a Friday afternoon in Bahrain. We paid our 9Bd to get in and for three hours ate like kings and drank free sparkling wine for three hours, so after several bottles and lots of food later it was time to re-group by the diplomat pool do a bit of diving and carry-on drinking at the pool bar. At the same time, thanks to one of the three in our group who was staying there, we started chatting to an entire cabin crew from a reputable airline (all female and v nice). Having arranged for a boozy rendezvous in one of their rooms later the three of us pitched up as normal to carry on the drinking session. Needless to say, not one of us or 6 of the girls made it back out the door. I leave the rets of the story to your imaginations................................................ .........

TheKentishFledgling
2nd Nov 2002, 17:27
BYB - nice one! A funny read, cheers ;)

tKF

planepsycho
2nd Nov 2002, 23:34
B_Y_B........you sure you were in Florida? lol!

seat_of_my_pants
3rd Nov 2002, 17:39
All I am going to say is this:

Verbier, Xmas, Red Bull and Vodka(s), naked, statue of a cow, swiss police cell.

I think you can fill in the blanks.

and I apologise to anyone who saw it.

SOMP

Bengt Engel
4th Nov 2002, 22:45
Me thinks knold has a somewhat similar story to tell you all, not in verbier, but with a lot of single malt and the coppers givin' him a free lift....

reynoldsno1
5th Nov 2002, 00:17
A drink called moose milk as supplied by a Canadian Argus crew - consisted of three types of rum, milk and ice cream made in 5 litre lots. Very easy to drink, and will simulate a migraine for about 2 days afterwards - or what I imagine a migraine must be like...