PDA

View Full Version : 777 Seating

Low-Pass
31st Oct 2002, 16:19
Hi Folks,

I'm on a AA flight from LHR to BOS in late November to go and visit friend for the Great Festival of the Turkey.

Now, I've been allocated seated 30G. What I would like to know is where the heck is it in the Boeing 777 scheme of things? You see, I'm about 6'3" and although yes, I know AA have taken out all those seats to give me more leg-room, I'd still love an emergency exit row seat (only so that I can help save everyone with my quick thinking at the emergency door you understand :) )

So thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,

LP

dontdoit
31st Oct 2002, 16:31
Try this for size:

https://www.aa.com/content/aboutAA/ourPlanes/boeing777AtlanticSeating.jhtml

EyesToTheSkies
31st Oct 2002, 17:03
Get ready for a sore neck watching the screen!! Still, you may get a little bit more leg room. :eek:

Low-Pass
1st Nov 2002, 07:56
Thanks folks,

Sounds good to me. And close to the lavs as well, what more could you ask for? Will report back as to post flight neck condition. :)

Cheers,

LP

DuncanF
1st Nov 2002, 11:33
Just what I was after. I've just booked a run to JFK with AA and their "pick a seat" online service doesn't make the layout clear.

On the other hand ... are those video screens "communal"? Not flown AA before but I would be distinctly unimpressed if you don't get a personal screen. I do vaguely remember big jets with no personal screens, but I thought most of the 707's were retired now!!

Mooney
1st Nov 2002, 23:31
I flew on AA 777 last week. Firstly they are fantastic! I'm 6"2 and still had loads of leg room- it was quite amazing. A thousand times better than a cramped BA flight I did earlier in the year. If I could fly AA long haul every where- I would.

knobbygb
6th Nov 2002, 16:53
DuncanF, the 777's DO have personal screens.

Low-pass, the screens in the bulkhead rows fold out from under the seats on arms - very 'business class' :D Seriously, this makes them easier to position for better viewing, i.e. further from your face and not moved every time the guy in front reclines his seat.