PDA

View Full Version : virginblue recruitment

qak
31st Oct 2002, 13:29
Does anyone know what VB is upto visa-vie recruitment at the moment. Thought they were taking 60 then I heard 120 but no one seems to know of anyone actually getting interviews.

Could someone please shed some light on this matter.

thanks.

liquid_gold
31st Oct 2002, 21:19
Looks like you've really got your finger on the pulse there qak...

eisle s
31st Oct 2002, 22:11
qak, VB aim to have 40 jets by the end of next year and they have approx 6 crews per aircraft. That equates to approximately 480 pilots. Currently we have about 330 so you do the math.

mmmbop
31st Oct 2002, 23:29
Why is it that such a simple question can generate 2 such sarcastic replies???

You are both a pair of w@nkers.

mmmbop

Raingauge
1st Nov 2002, 01:22
They are not both a pair of w@ankers, they are singular w@nkers. They are only a pair of w@nkers if they are together, and in that instance there is only one pair, not two as you have implied.

My appoligies if this makes sarcstic reply number 3.

Unfortunatly I have nothing constructive to say on this topic.

mmmbop
1st Nov 2002, 01:34
Whatever makes you feel important.

mmmbop

hoss
1st Nov 2002, 07:11
Its happening, I know of 3 guys getting the nod in the past fortnight.

Congratulations fella's,

Hoss :)

wilburworm
1st Nov 2002, 08:49
After all the bitching , can anyone fill everyone in on what is going on. eg numbers etc.

liquid_gold
1st Nov 2002, 11:34
eisle s, seems as if we look at things too simply......

It seems as if I have tainted this subject with my rather impulsive reply. I apologise if I appear sarcastic, however I have to question qak as to his/her sources of information.

Virgin seem to be going through one of the largest recruitment programs most pilots have seen in recent history in Aus. The results of which have been widely discussed, even here on PPRUNE. Makes me wonder why anyone would ask such an uninformed question. Eisle s has given the information as is. If you can't work out the math ??

Qak, the info you receive is generally the result of the people you associate with. If people you know aren't getting interviews, put your feelers out and maybe you will be pleasantly surprised as to the amount actually getting in.

mmmbop, I think you contributed even less to this topic than myself. Opinions are like @rseholes. Everyones got one and they're all different.

Raindroop, UNFORTUNATELY you also need to learn how to spell.;)

Icarus2001
1st Nov 2002, 19:27
And thanks to our North American friends for changing maths into math.:(

OhBehave
2nd Nov 2002, 05:51
First step in getting a job with VB.

Ensure you are young, nieve and not 737 type rated.

Make sure you have ****** all experience and have never worked for Ansett in your life.

Raingauge
2nd Nov 2002, 10:03
liquid gold, thaks four the tip i didnt think my speling was so bad, butt I'll put in mor off an efort in the future.

Thanks for not calling me raindrop, but raindroop. That makes me feel better.