PDA

View Full Version : Type rating or Not

visitor
31st Oct 2002, 12:20
Anybody can help where i can get a JAA 737-400 upwards type rating

Dutchman
31st Oct 2002, 12:43
Try CAE aviation training in Hoofddorp (Amsterdam/NL) they are an approved TRTO for most of the 737 series. You'll have to contact them for further details. Did my MCC on 737-400, very professional organization with high training standards.

http://www.cae.com/aviationtraining/trainingCentres/Amsterdam/

Agaricus bisporus
31st Oct 2002, 16:09
How about letting your employer do it?

Whilst it is understandable that unemployed pilots may seek to make themselves more attractive to the more rapacious airlines it is a terrible betrayal of your fellow pilots to volunteer to pay for a genuine business expense that should ALWAYS be borne by the airline.

In my experience buying a type rating seldom if ever makes the difference in gettig a job - most companies want experience and a bare rating does not provide that. Those companies so bloodthirsty as to be swayed by such a self-destructive ploy are the last ones you'd ever want to be employed by anyway.

My advice, have patience. It will come along, as it did to all of us in work at present. DO NOT SUBSIDISE THE AIRLINES LIKE THIS. PLEASE!!!

Remember, in this job we always have to be flexible, but there's a huge difference between leaning forward and bending over. And NO EXCUSE WHATEVER for volunteering to provide the lubrication.

Please don't be so selfish as to sh!t on the industry (and the rest of us) like that...

JW411
31st Oct 2002, 16:16
visitor:

This subject has been discussed many times before on pprune. I totally agree with the above; do not ever consider going to work for an airline that is not prepared to pay for your training.

I would never hire anyone on the basis that they had gone out and paid for a type rating.

Honest Fr@nk
1st Nov 2002, 09:22
Correct me if I'm wrong but do Ryanair still want £15k for the type rating up front. Have also heard that ASTRAEUS want £18k for the 737 type training (nb. not the cadetship they ran earlier this year). Again feel free to put me right-that is if I am wrong.

wilber burroughs
1st Nov 2002, 18:14
I cannot agree more; DO NOT FALL VICTIM to the weak market.
It will turn around, you´ll end up signing a 24 mo. bond anyway for your type course, so dont make matter worse by paying for it up front. IT DOES NOT MEAN YOU WILL BE HIRED.
Easy and Ryan have made it very very difficult for non-typed but
HIGHLY EXPERIENCED pilots that just so happened to have flown other types, to be hired...uhh, sure, 48, un-employed 9 year captain with mortgage, kids, go out and spend the unspendable
on a type only to know that without 300 (?) hrs you are a big zero to the left...its damned right insulting.