PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning A/C?

Skypark
30th Oct 2002, 11:42
I put this question forward to you - what products do you use to clean an aircraft (a bug smaher)? I'm aware of the car cleaning products such as armour-all, meguiars etc, but what do you use to clean a light aircraft including windows, interior, and exterior.

No doubt this question will be asked towards my local LAME's next time I'm at my local aerodrome.

Thanks all for any answers,
SP

Aussiebert
30th Oct 2002, 15:40
perhaps a squigee (sp?) should be part of the essential items to take job huning, i don't think it is mentioned in the other thread

redsnail
30th Oct 2002, 18:39
Don't use windex on aeroplane windows. They will start to go "cloudy". The boss won't be happy with you either.
I just used fuel to clean the oil off the fuselage. Then some detergent stuff the boss had in the hangar and a broom to do the rest. Plenty of water of course.

Mr Sheen was used for the every day between flight quick clean jobs. (oh and Glen 20 for getting rid of those unique outback smells) :eek:

BlueEagle
30th Oct 2002, 20:23
If you really want to clean the windsceen of either your aircraft or your car then use Methylated Spirit. It will clean right down to the basic glass without leaving a deposit.

Particularly good on cars that pick up a rubber deposit, first night drive into rain after a long dry spell and you will soon see that you need to get rid of all the accumulated cr@p there!

Have seen coca-cola used when nothing else available!

nasa
30th Oct 2002, 22:30
Bit of fuel and a clean rag to clean off the fuse.....Mr Sheen for quick wipe offs whilst waiting for arriving pax/freight and newspaper dipped in water to clean the glass/perspex....For more stubborn spots/bugs on the glass/perspex, Permadex 3D :cool:

High Altitude
30th Oct 2002, 23:36
What!!! Ya gotta wash aeroplanes.......

So thats what the truckwash is therefor...

Take-Off is a brilliant product to get the problem spots, very potent though...